Waders

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by kat buster, Jul 19, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am looking for a good pair of waders for about 100 dollars. Does any body have any good suggestions?

2. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    check out the Gander Mountain Guide Series waders.

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I bought a pair of Neoprene Remingtons at Walmart about 4 years ago. They are pretty comfortable and they cost about $75. They also stay warm in really cold water to.

4. MOOSE3.5

MOOSE3.5 New Member

State:
    Mid/West TN
    I have owned many a pair of waders over the years and the best I have run across are the Cabela's Warrior 1000's. They are not neoprene or canvas and feel like you have nothing hindering your movements. Also they keep you just as warm as anything I've had on. I think they are somewhere around $150 though but maybe you can catch them on sale.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have gone through many many pairs of waders and the best advice I could give is "you get what you pay for". If I could have done it all over again my FIRST pair would be Lacrosse Brush Tough Extremes. I've wasted a lot of money on inferior waders just learn this lesson.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've got the Cabela's 1600 waders. They are a little more than $100, but they are warm and they are tough. i would recomend them to anyone.

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree, they are tough warm and have alot of great features such as the d-rings, hang on shell holder, velcro flap over pocket, snaps on the straps instead of velcro ect. I love mine.

8. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I wear the Hodgman Dura-Mags
    Good quality wader, alittle more than the other brands but I ve never been cold in them............

9. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
  10. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    I've also got the 1600s from Cabelas, had them about three years now and no complaints at all. After a lifetime of cheaper waders and frost bit feet I'll never waste my money on bargain brands again. Save a few bucks a week from now till duck season and get ya a good pair, you'll never regret it.

11. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    try hodgmans. i have a pair and like them. there are several different kinds at different prices and there is a pair for 99.99 at cabelas. there are not insulated and not camo. just depends on what you want.
    http://www.cabelas.com

12. djlabs

djlabs New Member

State:
    MO.
    I wore Hodgman Duramags for several years but the last time I went to buy a set due to leaky seams Cabelas was out so I bought the Cabelas 1600 and they seem to be great.(I would like to say what ever you buy do not buy a set of Red Head waders from Bass Pro they do not stand behind them with a warranty but Cabelas will guarantee any wader they sell for as long as you own the wader as long as the problem is leaky seams or boots and not user created issues.)

13. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    thanks for the tip djlabs. thats good to know.

14. Incoming06

Incoming06 New Member

State:
    Missouri, St. Joseph
    I also where the cabela's 1600 super mags. I have owned a pair from wal-mart that lasted one season and another cheaper pair from cabela's that lasted two years. The armor flex material is supiorior to burrs and snags and is also very easy to move in. The only problem is they are a little heavy especially when you where a size 13 boot. On my second year a had a tiny leak in the crotch very tiny, i took them back and they gave me a new pair!!!!

15. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    The Cabela's in Hamburg PA had a big selection of Waders last week, and I got a pair for 54.00. I'm sure if the Cabela's around my way had a sale All the Cabela's must be having one, Check 'em out!