Wacky tacky.

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by bootshowl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Am I just a grumpy ole man, or is anybody else sick to death of the term "tactical" ?
    I'm going out to my tactical coffee pot an brew me a cup to put in my tactical mug.....Whew!
    :roll_eyes:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    you might be old but not grumpy. the only ppl on earth who need "tactical" anything are grunts.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Words that get on my nerves:

Disenfranchised: as in, I done been disenfranchised. I ain't even sho if my vote counted!! Barf.

Hutzpah: or whatever Hillary kept trying to pass off as "the nuts" or whatever it means..... come on.

And I'm also sick of any words that politicians use to try to "relate" to a certain group of people. Stop trying to pander to folks & just be yourself. Really, are people impressed by that anyway?

Hope I ain't hijackin' your thread, I just have a few words that get on my nerves as well & they're all politically-related.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know what you mean, tactical flashlights? I guess Im not sure what tactical means anymore.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im sure i incorrectly use words all the time. but like you said derby--there is nothing tactical about a flashlight. thats what pop-up flares-fire missions-and night vision are for.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Yeah, those cats that get all frothy over "tactical" are funny turned, and that's putting it gently.

Now that you have me all wound up, whazzup with camo pocketknives? Aren't they easy enough to lose already? And flashlights? And thongs?

Did I really say that? Thongs? Bad Dave! Bad!

Please don't disenfranchise me!

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's amazing that our culture is so advanced, yet we take a work that is only supposed to describe an action, and make it an "item"! i'm as sick of hearing it also!. You probably won't even hear the work in another 10 years or so, you know, when the "craze" is over.

Trust me, dye it black, sew velcro on it, stamp it "tactical", and a swat team will buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    tactically speaking thats bull!@#

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    If I hear tactical I want to see something in a .308 caliber or larger with a free floating bull barrel & be able to drive tacks at 500 yrds or a 45 semi auto with compensator and accessory rail for the light & lazer.