wacky style

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by switchback, Aug 6, 2008.

1. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    just wandering if any of you have tried wacky style yet. its where you hook a senko style lure in the middle letting the ends hang like an upside down u on a fineese hook. My brother swears by it but hes my brother so you know how that goes. just wansering if its just him or if it actually works

2. FishinPhil

FishinPhil New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've had great success with this method. One of the ponds I fish frequently is in a public park, so it gets fished hard. It also has very clear water. I've found that a Senko, or any other straight worm, fished wacky on light line really knocks them dead. If I don't catch at least ten bass at that pond, it must be a slow day.

Hope it works for you!

3. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i love the tiki stick by wave worms but always fish it weightless and have awesome results as a matter of fact i caught my pb a 7lb 4ozer on it this summer. I useually catch so many fish on it that i dont change all day but the local state lake is fished very very hard and i cant catch anything up there unless its on a jig or spinnerbait but nothing big and i know theres some 10lb plus fish in there ive seen them when the state does the shock survey. So i am jsut looking for some ideas on new stuff and techniques.

4. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    is this being fished by bank or boat, whacky?

5. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    either one will work

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes the Wacky rig is just one more way to catch bass. To save your worm from being torn up with the wacky rig, use a rubber or metal O-ring in the center of the worm and place your hook through the o-ring only. Some days they prefer the senko hooked straight over the wacky rig. It is ok to use a small weight when fishing deeper with either rig.