Wacky rigging?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Locke, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Locke

Locke New Member

State:
    IL
    Anyone wacky rig their worms? I've only used a Texas and Carloina rig, but I saw a fishing show where the guy was using senko worms by hooking in the middle.

Going to try it tomorrow. Anyone had any luck with it?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have wacky rigged rigged my worms when fishing in tight cover and done well,

3. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i sometimes do. its a great way to attract bass. the worm resembles an injured bait fish.

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, it's great. Have had plenty of success.

5. basspro05

basspro05 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sometimes its better to throw them on a spinning reel, because if the worm flies off in midcast on a baitcaster it means birds nest

6. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    It is especially good in a high-pressured fishing area. I love using the green/white laminate Senko, hook it through the egg ring with no weight. First cast I ever took with this setup I caught a 4lb. 8oz!!!:smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Senkos are a great fish catching bait. You can wacky rig through the egg sak or another way that works great is to take an o-ring (metal or rubber) and slide the worm through the o-ring to the center ofthe sack, then hook your hook through the o-ring only.The hook never punctures the worm. No damage to the plastic and can not be thrown off. This is the same o-ring as used on the fronts of crankbaits. Purchase the size that fits your senkos. Good Fishing

8. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Around New Year 2004-2005 I caught my biggest LMB ever, 4.8 lbs, on a yellow wacky worm. We were in Orlando Florida and I was fishing a retention pond at the back of a subdivision. There was a lot of fuzzy mossy weeds in the water.

9. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    u can put a little finishing nail in one side to really offset the bait...works great:big_smile: