Waccamaw River?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Nov 13, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Any of you guys fish the Waccamaw River, the tidal section near where 17 crosses it? When I was on my honeymoon we passed over it and it reminded me of the Cape Fear Rive near down town Wilmington, looked like a good place to find some of those winter time blues that move into that brackish water.

2. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Rivercatsc does alot. I have once before. It seems to be a great early spring time place for blues.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wes I LOVE IT DOWN THERE.:wink: I fish down there alot in the winter-spring and kill the big blues. It holds alot of fish especiallly late winter and earlly spring when the shad and herring start filling up the bay. I plan on putting on a tournamnet down there this spring. I dont see alot of people catfishing down there much at all. I reckon all of those yankee implants down there dont know what they are missing.:smile2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < I plan on putting on a tournamnet down there this spring.>

I second the motion! Done deal!
    BB in SC

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What Rivercatsc said: they are there all year, but from Feb - late March they are easier to find. They tend to gorge on the supply of shad and herring, making them a good prospect. The rest of the year, they are scattered out more. The area around the bridges is pretty good, but they seem to really turn on for a short time, then drop way off again, sometimes.

6. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    A tourney in my neck of the woods?!?!? Great idea man...

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It's the same at the Cape Fear if you put in down town. All there is is guys fishing salt water down there, they can have their little 2lb trout:wink:. If you run up river more than a few miles you've got the river all to yourself, best stretch on the Cape Fear is from the split down and there's nobody. If you do a tourney out there be sure and let me know. I might have to talk Britton into dragging his purdy boat down there so we can give a few donations:smile2:. Thanks for all the info guys. Nice to find some people who actually fish the same kind of water!!!!

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Forgot to mention that if you guys ever get the chance you may want to try fishing it right near the NC/SC border. We fished a bass tournament out there this year and that has got to be some of the best looking flathead water I've ever seen. Just awesome "looking". Never did get the gumption to fish it for catfish but I will next year.

9. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    That is very close to where I caught my Avatar personal best flathead. When it warms up, I'll definitley be planning a return trip.