Waccamaw River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FLATHEADJOE, Nov 7, 2006.

1. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    went to the landing this morning and there was a guy coming in from fishing the night before and i coulnt believe what he had.i had my scale in the truck and 4 of his 9 flatheads bottomed out my 50# scale.im guessing the biggest was 75-80#with the others not far behind.he was using big shellcrackers that he had caught.guess im gonna have to give it a shot lol

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Joe. What part of the river were you at? Just curious. That is one whale of a catch!

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    And they think the shocking in the Waccamah in NC hurts them.

I've seen 50+ #'s shocked up, so it's not impossible to see a new state record caught out of the Waccamah.

BTW, I've also seen large flats in the Waccamah caught on limb lines using crawfish in Feb.

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sure would like to know what landing that was, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

5. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was at Lees landing and the fish were caught between lees landing and conway.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks, Joe.

I get the impression there's a great batch of nice flatheads in the Waccamaw. It's a long ride for me from Charleston, though, especially when I have to go right past some other good water (like the Santee) to get there.

You kind of make me wish I was closer, though.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I fished out of lees landing alot of times and the biggest thing i have ever caught there is a 9lb flathead and 14lb blue. I have caught alot of fish there though if you are looking to catch alot of eaters that is your place. My brother inlaw lives on the river @ Lees Landing road and I have had alot of time fishing there. I would be intrested in knowing how they caught them ,rod-n-reel or not, sound like they may have had a possible state record flathead. Maybe those big flatties move up the river during the winter. I will go very soon and try them out though. Thanks for the info.

8. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    it might have been a record but it was caught on a limb line but the fish were there .jim id love to fish with ya sometime be it in the waccamaw or the pee dee.let me know sometime