Wabash trip 8/16

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by evilfud, Aug 17, 2009.

1. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Just wanna say myself and Bigcatfish64 drove up to the Wabash near Peru and fished with Shortbus for a night. He didnt get the spot he wanted because it seems its perma camped now so we headed down a ways from it. Overall was a good time but no FHC just a bunch of gar and one CC. Shortbus did catch a pretty dang big gar though lol. We cant wait till we can meet up and fish with Shortbus again.

Fud

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    LOL.. glad you had a great time Fud. Lets see some cats next time!:big_smile:

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey! Glad you guys got over here for a trip. I was out last night too but it was slow upriver from you guys as well. Looks like the river should be coming up tonight...I'm back out tomorrow!

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i wouldve loved to seen a pic of that big gar...

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Glad you had a good time Fud. It was real slow fishing. Had a few bites but nothing wanted to stay with the bait long at all. Hopefully we get some good rain in the next couple days.

6. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I had a great time, to say the least. It's beautiful up there. Thanks Josh, this weekend sounds really goooooood!

7. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    It was good meeting you to Bro!! Hopefully the bite is a little better this weekend. The river should come up some by saturday. The GF has to work nights all weekend and I found a new spot to try:wink:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  8. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    The bite has been really slow around this area, but with the 5 days of RAIN coming the river should hopefully come back up to a normal level! Where abouts are you guys fishing around peru? I actually live in peru myself, and if the water levels come up I planned on hitting a giant logjam by these train trussels this weekend. I'm also planning on starting a search for bullheads around here, I'm not sure where to catch them. I was thinking about trying the miss resivior to see if I could catch them up there? If you guys want another fishing buddy lemme know. I always bring my own bait lol.

9. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    The spot you have in mind how many people would it allow? I will fish with anyone just about any place. PM me your cell # and when we head up there to fish i will give you call.

Fud

10. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ok well just picture this, where the trussel/logjam is the river is about twice as wide than normal and the logjam takes up more than half of the river! So basically the logjam is the same width as the wabash itself. I would say you could easily get 2 boats fishing the same spot pretty decently. I've always wanted to try it out but never had the chance, but I'm determined to give it a shot this weekend if the water comes back up so the river is passable by boat??

11. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have fished that spot many times. It's awesome!

12. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    You have fished the trussel logjam?

13. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yep, I was born in Peru and have family there. Its very, very snaggy.

14. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yea Max(bucks bait) said its some of the best fishing in peru, just never had the chance to try it