Wabash River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by hillbillywilly, Jul 2, 2008.

1. hillbillywilly

hillbillywilly New Member

State:
    Burnettsville, Indiana
    Anyone doing any good? I've been hitting it off and on. Buddy caught a 9 lb. channel. I caught a 6 lb. Flatty and my boy a couple the other night. Just wanting to see if anyone else doing any good..

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Been out several times in the past couple weeks with no luck.

3. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I haven't really had a chance. The rain comes or I'm to busy to get out.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its a lil high here south of Terre Haute, but I'm gonna get out on her Saturday and do some fishin. I'll let ya all know how it turns out. WRB

5. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I fish down around Darwin, I haven't been for a few weeks. But I have a friend that went last night and he said the fishing was slow.

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and Bluesclues launched from Merom yesterday afternoon and went north. We were on the water about 6 hours, fished several holes, seeing fish on the sonar, but no takers. We were throwing everything at em, sunfish, bluegill, shiners, liver, and even cut drum I had caught that afternoon. No bites. I am wondering if they are still spawning.
    The river was up (around 11'), and the current about 4 mph, water temp at 72.5 degrees. I heard that they are dumping water from Raccoon as fast as they can, which may account for the rise and current. We'll try again next weekend. WRB

7. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I only caught one last night that could barely get my 5" bluegill in its mouth last night she probably only weighed between 1 and 2lb but looked full of eggs i caught another one 5lbs the other day full of eggs. Took my little sister only 11 out and she caught her very first flathead it was right at 8lbs and the week before we caught one 14lb and one 8 pictured in my avatar all fish were released. I will get some pics around to show you guys here in the next couple days.

8. jeff1979

jeff1979 New Member

State:
    burnetsville,indiana
    willy fishin between bridge peirs is where that cat was caught in about 5ft of water last night about 8:30 or so will get with to have you put pic on here it was about 15lbs caught on blue gill some so said they where catchin big cats south of us

9. hillbillywilly

hillbillywilly New Member

State:
    Burnettsville, Indiana
    Here is the pic ya sent me

Attached Files:

10. jeff1979

jeff1979 New Member

State:
    burnetsville,indiana
  11. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here's a few more fish from the Wabash last week going out again 2nite we'll see how that goes. The flats sure have slowed down due to the spawn. Gonna try a steep cut bank with lots of wood and keep my bluegill against the logs. I'll let you guys know how it went tomarrow.

Attached Files:

12. jeff1979

jeff1979 New Member

State:
    burnetsville,indiana
    seen a guy pull out a five gal bucket full of channel 1 to 3 pds sat morn at lock port he was using minnows and little blue gill

13. jeff1979

jeff1979 New Member

State:
    burnetsville,indiana
    in caught 6 channels last night range from 2 to 6 pds on bottom on stink bait on wabash up river from lock port

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My buddy fished the bash near clinton 2 days ago and tore the flathead up. his biggest was 24 pounds. but, he caught several in the 10-15 pound range. they all looked like they just come off the beds..