Wabash River..

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Slick Skin, May 18, 2008.

1. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    went over last night and fished for channel cat.we had a pretty good night considering it's above flood stage.we found them in a creek for a couple of mile's up from the mouth...we end up this morning with44 anywhere from a pound up to 10 pounds..shad gut's was the only thing we could get a bite on...the moon was full and bright so I think we were lucky to do that well.

2. RiverMedic

RiverMedic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I fish the lower wabash around the lil wabash's mouth you anywhere around there?

3. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You down around Carmi or somewhere close it sounds to me like. Never fished there but up the little wabash a lil ways. Up between Fairfeild and Albion

4. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I fish mostly around hutsonville ,darwin,terre haute..down at mt.carmel at the mouth of he white river some...I heard a rumor that a 79 pounder was caught north of the robinson area this week it's just a rumor I have no detail's ...have you all been catching many this spring...the water's been so high we are just catching a few....

5. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Went to the Wabash yesterday got 17 channel's [one a 14 pounder] two little flatheads.......he river at Darwin is falling fast.....