Wabash River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by fcrnnngbck25, Apr 20, 2007.

1. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips to catch some nice cats off the bank in the Covington/Attica area. I've had some luck but not alot. Most of it being in the Attica area of the river. If anyone could help a young angler out it'd be much appreciated.

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hi Paul, i live in illinois just over the border in danville. i've fished the wabash a lot near covington. caught quite a few big fish there. i fished a lot off of old 63. go north on new 63 from 150, take old 63 and theres a creek a couple of miles up the road. we usually use a dip net and litterally run through this creek and catch a bunch of chubs. dont want to get wet? bring light tackle and bee-moths or worms. i'm sure you can catch them like that. the creek's full of them. there's an access road on your right just after you go over the little bridge. it takes you right to the river where the creek feeds into it. great spot. especially when the water is on the rise...i have'nt been there in a couple years. just look for no trespassing signs. the guy who owned didnt care who went down there. but, thats been a couple years.

3. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Hey thanks i'm going to try that and see how if there aren't any signs. If not the creek sounds like a great place to get bait. :big_smile:

4. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    That is the area I grew up in. Not sure who owns that part, but I can check the plat book for you. I still have land there but it's closer to Red Wood Creek. let me know if you need the owners name.