wabash river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by plukr54, Jul 22, 2009.

1. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey all, wondered if I could get a couple hot spots for cats on the wabash up round Lafayette area. You don`t have to give up your honey holes, just a place to start. Looking to get out next week but have not been there. Thanks in advance

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    tippy and wabash confluence is one place. any large creek with these rains should produce though brother. look for the creeks,bends,jambs,narrow places and so on on google earth.:wink:

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Tim, you are the man!

I asked this morning in another post, but you just covered my question as well... You doing much fishing, or caught anything this year?

I been looking for pics from you, but havent seen much. I hope to see some soon, good luck!

4. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Just upstream of americus bridge is a nice spot. I heard downstream of tippy is good also.

5. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    what short bus said just watch west side of island it can be a prop eater lots of stuff under water .not sure were u what to put in with the water way down the ramp at grandville and happy hallow is just about impossible.davis ferry and the fort are your best chooses. americus it has a sand bar to watch for. what day u fishing .The fishing between fort and granville not been as good as the pass black rock area is been good last turny was won from there with a nice blue .I think the most over look area is the 231 bridge to 52 bridge a few people fish it from a boat but not the right spots.if u look at b north avator pic. it was caught in that area. if u what pm me if u need anything eles

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    Jim, i was down for the pre spawn with back issues, so i didnt get to fish much for flatheads. i hope to remedy that very soon though. lol we need rain bad up here.