Wabash River ~ West Lafayette

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by AZflats, Jan 10, 2008.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey folks,
    I am in West Lafayette this week at Purdue University and noticed the Wabash flowing within walking distance of the university..

How is the fishing around this area? I know it is too swollen and fast to fish this time due to all the rain and snow melt..

But maybe next year when I come out again I can bring some gear with me???

Thanks!
    ~A

2. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    az i,m sure you,ll catch more cats there than in az i couldnt catch a cat out there to save my life when i was at phoenix going to school over a yr ago it,s not a bad city but no where to fish around there and could find help to find any fishing maybe i should have taken some taco bell for bait ( hahaha) up near west laff the wabash and the tipp meet there,s some nice spot,s i,ve been told with some nice size fish up in there i hope good luck when you come back again

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    az, you better bring gear back up with you. lol when you do drop me a pm and ill turn you onto a few spots over there i have found in my wonderings.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thanks,
    I will PM you next time I am there.. Week of January 7-11th... I am thinking about staying for the following weekend, (weather permitting).

* I know the weather was unseasonably warm when I was there last week.. It was actualy warmer there than in Phoenix when I arrived Monday night.. (High 60s)....

** Thanks for the response...
    ~ Anytime you are in Phoenix and you want to catch some cats in the desert, PM me as well and I will take you out.

Thanks!
    ~andy

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    andy its cold up here now bro., bring a ice auger and long johns. lol