Wabash River Reports

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by MNeffle, Jun 29, 2007.

1. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello fellow BOC Brothers,

I am planning a trip up to the Lafayette area this Sunday and was wanting to get some reports about the Wabash. Are any of you having any luck ? Is the water level starting to rise or is it still down ? This will be my first trip up to that area and was hoping to pick every ones brain a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike- :big_smile:

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I haven't been out to fish any yet this week, but I did notice today after the past few days of rain that the river is up about 8 inches to a foot from where it was last week. Don't get me wrong the river is still below normal levels, but we'll take what we can get.

3. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i plan on heading to the wabash saturday night and fish all night or until i run out of gills. dont know where i want to launch the boat yet. i have been checking the river levels website and it has came up a lil over a foot since yesterday. i will post how i did and pics if i get any

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    caught a few flats yesterday. couple eaters 2 teenagers and a 20. all caught on gills cut and live. fish were in a deep hole with some wood at the tail end. was about 2 miles down river(with oars) when the rain hit, yes i got soaked. lol

5. ynnad40

ynnad40 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I talked to my brother yesterday and he said it is up 1-1 1/2 feet. But our last meausrement was on the 16th. It was low and the bugs were out bad at night. And the fishing was slow all night 4 small channels.

Danny

6. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    well i ended up going to covington to launch the boat. went and caught 30 big gills before we left the house and had some big shad left over from the tournement the night before. didnt have any luck with any flathead but caught some big channel cats forgot to take pics though.
    does anyone fish the wabash around Clinton?

7. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks to all for the information.

Mike-:feel_good: