Wabash River - My personal best!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by fullstringer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught this big guy between Salamonie and Huntington on the Wabash river half way through June. I was fishing on the upriver side of a big log jam with a whole live green sunfish. I don't think I got an accurate weight of this fish it measured 42" I weighed it on a bathroom scale and only got 29 1/2#. If this sounds right please let me know. I switched to king kahle hooks in a 7/0 size this year. I almost always hook up now. I would appreciate any insight on the possible weight of this fish. Thanks for looking guys.

P.S. I now have a brand new accurate pair of 50# fish scales in my tackle bag for next time.

Attached Files:

2. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Thanks for posting the pic Andy. Congratulations on a new PB. The weight is probably close give or take a few pounds. She looks a little skinny, otherwise she could be several pounds heavier.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on the catch, it looks to be a 30 pounder to me, would have weighed more before the spawn, probably as much as 35-39 pounds.

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Looks to be about thirty pounds, nice flathead.

5. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    nice cat. lots of ppl underestimate our wabash and here is a perfect example of what we have to offer!

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Kevin,
    It's a good thing they underestimate it; it keeps the crowds away!
    ...W

7. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    aint that the truth W. i hope they stay away while im in the fish off this year lol:crazy:

8. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks guys! The rivers rising so I'm looking forward to a good weekend. Good luck to you guys.

9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    nice fish. wish the water level would go up some, its been low pretty much all year so far. im gunna try to make it out this weekend i think around terre haute. if anyone else is goin out anywhere around here or up or down stream from terre haute let me kno if ya want some company. ill try to make it out.

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Nice fish great avatar pic.:big_smile_2: Thanks for sharing.:0a22:

11. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Congrats on the fish, looks like there are much bigger fish in the wabash than i thought. I seen this on the news today. Its a picture of a 73lb blue. Too bad they couldnt keep it alive. Atleast you know theres bigger ones out there.

http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=6814168

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I carry 15 to 20 pounds of sinkers with me... can always get a fish to weight just a little more. LOL

13. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice catfish. Was probably heavier that 29 1/2 #.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice fish. Thanks for sharing your catch. You will be glad you have a new set of scales.Looks good in your Avatar.

15. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    yep river is coming time for cat stalker to lurk in the shadows for some cats i will be out all weekend practicing up for the upcoming fishoff

good luck to ya all