Wabash River @ Merom

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Drove down to Merom to check out the River today. These are some pics taken from across the parking lot at the ramp. The 4' tall Merom Boat Ramp sign that sits above the top of the ramp is about to go under.

Attached Files:

2. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    The first pic is from a lookout landing viewing across the drive, parking lot, ramp, and up river.
    The second pic is looking west across the river.
    The third pic is looking back up the walkway from the lookout landing to the drive down to the parking lot and ramp. The water is about to get the shelter house. Thats my truck in the background.

Attached Files:

3. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Here are a couple of pics from Merom Bluff over looking the Wabash.

Attached Files:

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    looks like it flooded bad there

5. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    was the road closed down over the bluff.I'v been waiting on that wabash to go down for 2 month's .I'v got 5 case's of new shad gut's and everything's flooded.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    wow man, thats pretty crazy. havent been over that way in a while.

7. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    WOW!!!! Here is what it looks like at normal level. just thought I would give some perspective. Thanks for the pics Barry.

Attached Files:

8. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I alway's like fishing there...lot's of creek's down below I like to fish when the river is around 8 foot.It will start dropping at Clinton first .We are hoping by next weekend it will be down enough to try it....

9. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    No, the road down to the ramp is still open and there is still room to turn around in front of the shelter house, but the parking lot is under water. Its goin to be a while before it goes down and DNR gets it cleaned up. Its at 21.5' right now.

10. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Good deal , I was lookin for some before pics and couldnt find any. Thanks for postin some.

11. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    15 feet to drop...... if we don't get anymore rain..

12. coyotee1

coyotee1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Ill be at merom every saturday & sunday mornings starting SOON, Most of the time I go north upstream to the mouth of turman creek, good fishin up around there, I know both ways from that launch pretty good , going on 6 year fishin taht same spot

13. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I'v been putting in at Merom now for about 25 year's. I hope to see you over there.I live about 45 min.'s from Merom..in ILL.[north west of merom].We are suppose to get heavy rain thursday and friday..:angry:That will probably shoot that in the a$$ for this weekend...

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    last two pics were cool bear.

15. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    and to think iwas just to the left of those trees in the first picture/second post like a couple weeks ago fishing. what is that green shelter deal? i saw that the other day when i was down there for the first time and i had no idea what it was.

16. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    As far as i know its just a public shelter house, the ramp is managed by DNR and the shelter is at the ramp, sounds reasonable to me. LOL

17. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Well folks, it looks like the river may finally be fishable by next week. I think I am going to put in some quality time at Clinton.

18. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I sure hope so Scott, you go tear em up at Clinton, If she gets down around 12', I think I'll hit Darwin or Merom. If she don't, I'll go see if the crappie have fired up on Sullivan. Good luck.

19. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I'm headed to Clinton too if we don't get all this rain that coming.I just checked they are projecting 13 to 14 foot for Fri.and Sat....

20. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Any of you fellow's seen the ramp at Clinton lately, is it clear ..is there still a wal-mart on the west side of town where a guy can buy a Indy fishing license?it's rainning here but hopefully it wont rain up north and raise the wabash again.