Wabash River in Vincennes

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by iccats, Jun 20, 2006.

1. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    i just recently graduated from high school and plan to attend vincennes university in the fall. now the campus is right on the wabash and i was just wondering how the fishing is in that area.

2. dglitwi

dglitwi New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Brother,
    I was born and raised in Washington, just down the road from Vincennes. I have lived in Lafayette now for about 20 years. I have fished in the wabash up here and have had pretty good luck with catfishing. You just have to find the right spots of course. The catfish are plentiful in the Wabash.
    Dan

3. rompn84yota

rompn84yota New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i attended vincennes university and lived down there for a year...the fishing at the park right there is decent when the water lvl is high. but ive found the best spot is the mouth of that little creek back in the quabatchee trails (unsure of spelling lol) but there is a path you have to follow under the train tracks and back to the river also there is another little creek that when fished at the mouth of the river is pretty decent...hope this helps ya out

4. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    I live in Washington also and I go to school at Purdue. I have never went to vincennes to fish, but the White River isnt far from you and the fishing is pretty good.

5. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    thanks very much guys

6. Whiterivercatslayer

Whiterivercatslayer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    fishing is decent at best...caseys out on willow sells live shad and crawdads though...good place to get bait if you decide to go at the last minute or can't catch any other bait...

7. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Charley ,Welcome to the BOC. Do you fish the white, or the river at Vincennes
    BIGCAT GarryEads:big_smile:

8. Whiterivercatslayer

Whiterivercatslayer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the white in greene and daviess counties but I have fished the wabash at vincennes once or twice with no catfish luck...oh well...caught 9 yellowbellies out of a farm pond last night