Wabash river in Huntington tonight!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, Sep 15, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey guys! catfishcatcher, evilfud, my brother and myself are headed out to the Wabash in Huntington tonight for some channel catfish fun. Last time Alan and I went up there we slaughtered them we both landed channels over 10lbs. and several more in the 5-7lb range all caught on fresh shad. Don't really know how many we landed but it seemed like they just kept coming, oh, and it rained the whole time we were there, it seems we've had our best fishing days when it was raining. We also caught a number of really nice Drum, not really what we were looking for but fun never the less. We will be setting in at the cartop ramp, in the river above the dam, and probably making our way into the res. I'll let everyone know how we did tommorow!

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    shoot i have to meet a homeowner tonight or i would be joining you. hope you catch some hogs guys, dont forget the camera!

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well good luck man... I'll look for your post. Me and WhteRiverBigCats is gonna get after some flatties tonight.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah!!! Where were they??? Not a Flatty around tonight

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Well guys it was pretty slow going last night! I caught a few, 3 fish total and my brother got one, two boats four fish.
    I got two cats and a large drum and Dennis got a drum, fishing with fresh shad! Allen earlier before nightfall had some huge runs and he got broke off on 25lb test line, and said the fish felt really good! I don't know if it was the heat of the day, or what they just would'nt cooperate! We did get plenty of bites but not alot of commitment!

6. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    It was a slow night but a fun one any way. I did get hooked up with what I thought was a giant for at least those waters. I used a whole dead shad that was 6" to 8". The fish snapped my 25lb big game leader, boy was I bummed.:sad2: I guess I will have to use a heavier leader from now on. I guess there is always next time. Thats whats keeps us going back.

7. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Ya i got 2 runs the whole night with no hookup so it was slow. Felt like Prairie Creek lol. Next trip hopefully will be Ohio river.

Fud

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    bumber on the break off bro. next time you go there he will be waiting on you:wink:

9. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Yeah Tim I hope he is waiting on me. It kind felt like a flathead bite. I missed a good run just before that, got excited and didnt let him run enough. I threw another big shad right back in the same hole and within minutes the big fish hit the shad. This is the same spot we had caught some 10 to15lb channels at a fishing trip a few weeks ago. This sure seems like a good spot and I plan on visting it many more times. Tim we need to get together before the year is up and do some fishing. I am planning on the Ohio river this weekend with a friend from work and maybe Doug. If the ohio river falls through I will let you know and we will hit our spot again Saturday night. :wink: