Wabash River @ Hutsonville

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Me and Bluesclues hit the Wabash today after fishin the back side of Turtlecreek Resevoir for a tank of fresh bluegill for bait. We got on the river about 2 pm. We hit several holes without luck. Finally got in a hole that produced some hits at about 4 pm. All we could boat was this lil 9# blue I caught in a 22' hole on live gill. A storm rolled in and forced us off the water for the day at around 9 pm.
    The Wabash is at 12.6', 79 degrees, and flowing about 5 mph. The bite is still real slow and spotty. The blue I boated hit with no fight, which kinda took the fun out of it. Hopefully next weekend will bring better results.

Attached Files:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    nice fish good luck the bite should pick up befor long

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    One 9# blue is better than sittin at home. Glad ya'll got to get out.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i figured you guys would get in the flatheads up there... but a blue is better than nothin!! congrats on the fish brother!!!

5. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the nice fish River Bear!

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lol, well "A" thats what we were targeting, a few big ol flattys. We were parked over about the deepest, snaggiest hole we could find, using live gills. No luck brother, just the laziest blue I have ever caught. I cant figure em out so far this year. I hope it gets better soon. Later, WRB.
    P.S.
    That was a pretty nice one you shot me a pic of, did you get a weight on it?