Wabash River, Huntington, IN. 05-11-09!!!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, May 12, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey brothers, got out to the Wabash last night in Huntington, and we did allright, we had some creek chubs, suckers, shiners, and gills, bite was a little slow probably because they were lowering the water at a moderate rate at the dam in Roushe Res. We started using chubs and suckers with little to no success, then Allen stuck a gill head on and the bite was on, they really wanted the gills, by the time we started using them we've used up alot of time in that magic window, you know the one I'm talking about, that time that the bite starts like out of nowhere, and before you know it, it's done!!! Anyways here's a couple of pics!!!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    And here's a few more!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Nice catch Doug, thanks for sharing the pictures!

Good luck out there!

4. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    It was fun once they started hitting those gills. Wish we could have got Damon on some. He had fun anyway and now is talking about buying a baitcaster with a baitclicker on it. He said he could use it for bass fishing when he wasnt catfishing. I told him about our reels and to stay away from the chinese models in the abu's. We will get him out there again and hopefully my brother. It is suppose to rain some the next few days maybe we can go Friday or Saturday. With the water on the rise the bite should be be very good. We will talk about later.:cool2:

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    OOOOHYEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This time we'll take a bunch more gills!!!! And yes! I got your reply to my PM, and I wished I would of had the camera to take a pic, that s#*t would have been hilarious, Literally!!!:smile2:

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Only ABU BC's I have that arent Chinese, are old. I'm not sure you can buy a new ABU to handle big catfish thats not made in China can you?
    I don't even know if ANY size abu is made anywhere but China anymore.???:confused2:

7. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats guys!!! Nice fish. Any weights on them?

Did "Ol' Green" come through for you?!

9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    That's quite funny that you mentioned that, and the only answer I have is HE!! NO!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Ole' green petered out that night!!!I guess that's what happens when you brag too much about your lucky pole!!!! Sorry Al.:sad2: By the way Matt, I hope your kids are feeling better!!:wink:

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, the kids are fine! I'm the one who's got it now! :angry: I think you called that one!

Al, sorry that Ol' Green let you down. Everybody gets in a slump...

11. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Yeah old green didnt do much but my other rod saw plenty of action. We caught several in the 5-7 lb and one bigger one around the ten pound mark. Both of my abu's are sweeden made. One is a old 2000 and the other is a 6500 that I bought last year from walmart in the combo. This was the last combo they had before they brought in the china made combos. Doug has a china made model and it is ok but I dont like them in comparrision. We bought 2 more abu's that were made in sweeden.

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was going to say the abu s I have are all swedish made not sure where your picking up the chinese one but sounds like a knock off:smile2:

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nope, I have 4 7000i's for flattie rigs- if they offered them made in sweeden, they'd be on my rods right now. Evidently the 7000 parts ARE made in sweeden and then shipped to China for assymbly
    On the other hand, My little cat rigs are sweedish made abd assymbled which are 5k's to 6500's- but they'll get spooled by the big boys in a split second.... I let my kids use those.

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill is right.. There are engineered in Sweden but made in China..But I like them.. I have always like abu. Got my first abu rood and reel combo for my 12th birthday. Abu cardinal reel and abu cardinal rod.. It was a spinning combo but man did I love that set up

15. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    No not knock offs, we had bought them at Wally world so I think that would'nt happen there, if I would've bought them on the street corner out of the back of a van, then I might say, yeah.:eek:oooh:

16. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Well we bought two combos at walmart mine said made in sweeden and dougs was made in china. They were clearly marked. You could tell the difference between the two. They did not say engineered in sweeden and made in china. I think they do still make abu's that are made in sweeden.

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You can google the facts.

18. run-catfish-run

run-catfish-run New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    With the looks of the pics looks like you was around salamonie res. area nice catch

19. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    No it wasnt salamonie but we fish there at times. We were at huntington in the wabash river.

20. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Then why do the abus say made in sweeden and not in china? Heck I guess then you can say that a american car isnt american made since alot of the parts are made in mexico. Almost all of the abus that I have seen say made in sweeden. You cant buy a truly made american reel that anyone can afford. Fishing rods are the same way. I guess that is why this country is in the tolliet. Companies send thier factories to mexico for cheaper labor. Then companies here hire illegal immigrants then they send their money back to mexico for their families. Not sure but sounds like the true american worker along with this country comes up short and loses out on everything. Sorry, got off topic but it just makes me mad.