Wabash River...Help please

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by chuck luck, Aug 22, 2007.

1. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Hi all. I have been a member here for a long time, but haven't posted much lately. Now I'm looking for some help. I can't find any flatheads in my area...rivers way to low!!! I want to take my mom and dad, and girlfriend flathead fishing. I need a place that has a nice bank fishing area that isn't too hard to get too. My mom and dad are in their 60's and have been flatheading with me a few times, with no luck. So we decided to take a couple days and drive over to the Wabash and try there. But I don't know of any bank fishing spot on the bash. We were thinking about trying around Shepardsville, Indiana. I read somewhere there's good flatheading around there. If anyone can help I would greatly appriciate it. My parent are getting up in age, and don't get around as well as they use too. So the spot should have pretty easy access, and maybe not too far from a bathroom. I'd really like to give something back to the two people who taught me to love fishing! I will also be taking along my new girlfriend who has become my new fishing buddy this year. She never liked fishing before, but I got her catching some nice channel cats at a local lake and she really wants a bigger challenge. So, any help at all, anyone... Thanks in advance. Good fishing to all, Chuck.

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    where are u located chucK? im near covington and there is good acess there as well as up by attica and south down by terre huate.

3. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm in Muncie, In. Kevin. I'm not familiar with the areas you refer to. Any good flatheads in any of those areas? If so, could you help me with some directions? Thanks alot, Chuck.

4. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Thought about my first post on this tread today, and thought I should clear up one thing. I'm not looking for people to give up their spots. All I'm looking for is a place anyone from the area would know. Just common everyday spots that anyone could drive to. Like around boat ramps, or park areas, that kind of thing. Hope someone can help! This is going to be a one shot thing. It's waaaay too far for me to drive. So come on guys, help me out here. Thanks, Chuck.

5. RIVER3782

RIVER3782 New Member

State:
    Terre Haute Indana
    THE BOAT RAMP AT TERRE HAUTE HAS SOME GOOD FISHING WE GOT A DOCK TO:006:

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Chuck:

We have always had good luck a bit further north, Logansport up to Wabash, IN. During the summer you should have success bankfishing at night in any shallow areas, especially adjacent to logjams or holes. The flatheads will move around quite a bit in the shallows at night. What I initially did was I asked around at baitstores and scouted areas below bridges, which often accumulate brush piles.