Wabash River Gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lately I have seen alot of new along with old members from Indiana and Illinois laying claim to the Wabash as their home waters. It looks like we have quite a few, enough to have a pretty nice gathering. What do ya'all think?

I am posting this in the Indiana section too to get input from our side of the river.

2. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey, I will be there if I am not WORKING:smile2::smile2:.

BIGCAT GarryEads

3. so ill catman

so ill catman New Member

State:
    illinois
    Depends on when and where but if i can i will be there

4. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'd probably be interested, if I'm not working. I work shift-work and never know whether I'm going to be off for an event or not.

5. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I will be there for sure. Any idea of when and where?

6. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    No firm plans yet, just gettin feelers. If we have a pretty good responce from both sides of the river then we can look at a location as close to central as we can for everybody that wants to come. I was thinking fall, like October if this thing takes off.

P.S.
    Glad to see you are back up and around. Sorry to have heard about your accident, hope you are better now.

7. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Where are all you folks at? :eek:oooh: I already have 7 pages of interest from the Indiana side. C'mon Psycho (Mark), I know you wanna do this.

8. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm about 2-3 miles north of the Darwin ferry on the Illinois side of the river.

9. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That would be a good time for me. Will be starting to deer hunt later in the month. Don't usually get serious about it until about the last week of October.

10. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm down Palestine way on the Illinois side.

11. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I heard rumor that there are campsites at the Merom Bluff Park, which overlooks the river and boat ramp below. I am going to check on it this weekend to see if its true, if so this could be a possible gathering site. Turtle Creek res is only 10 minuts away, great for baitfish. I'll let ya'all know what I find out.

12. Herogre

Herogre New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll be there

13. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Its not looking good for a Wabash gathering on the lower part. I cant find any campgrounds between Lafayette and Evansvile. Anybody else got any ideas?

14. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do you have any idea of how many from each side of the river is coming???

15. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    It's looking like maybe 20 to 30 total at this point. My original intention was just to have a one day deal or an overnight on the water. Just come, meet & greet, fish, and go home. What do you all think?

16. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    A meet/greet, fish, and go home will be fine with me where ever you decide on it happing. I thought I had a possibility or two until I took a look at the Indiana post. It looks like most of the ones that are coming are from the Indiana side of the river. There is a campground about 10 minutes from the Darwin ferry ramp on my side of the river. I also thought about suggesting having down at my families farm. We own a stretch of the river and have a small rustic camping area that is a couple miles up river from the ferry. But I don't think there would be room for 20-30 people to camp. Plus I don't think there is enough room down at the ferry for everyone to park their trucks and boat trailers. So I'm out of ideas, but what ever you come up will be fine with me.

17. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Anybody against tent camping on a sand bar with a cozy bon fire?

18. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    A guy from the Indiana side suggested Kimmel Park in Vincinnes Indiana. It's on the river, has tent and rv campsites, looks like lots of bank fishing, boat ramp, shower & restrooms, close to town for supplies, ect. I checked it out on Google Earth, it looks promising. He is going to get campsite prices for us this week. Is Vincinnes too far away for anyone? It's where 50 from your side meets 41 on our side.

19. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    first bend down river from I-70 bridge.

20. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I see it, it's one bend up river from the sewage plant, LMAO. That one should be fine. We are starting to get some options now, did you check out kimmel park in vincinnes?