Wabash river at Lockport bridge, French Post Park

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by flathead20000, May 4, 2008.

1. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    I need to know how the water is for boating if I Launch at French Post Park. I am from Delphi, and the launch at Pittsburg is closed now. I don't have a jet prop just a 14ft flat dbl wide, dbl deep with a 25 hp merc. Is this area pretty safe to run or do I need to worry about ripping off a lower unit. Also any help with a hot spot or two would help!! Thanks for any info!!!

2. jeff1979

jeff1979 New Member

State:
    burnetsville,indiana
    If river is up it is fine but down watch the lower unit

3. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have only been there during high water. Sorry no help there.

Thread jack.

I heard that river junction might be closing. If this is true it will be hard to fish the Wabash north of Lafayette. Anyone else know more about this?

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey rick good to see you back bro. i hope you got your life back on track from the floods. i was over there a few weeks ago drywalling the mother in laws home, but i didnt have time to look anyone up. maybe this summer we can get out and catch a few flats on the tippy or bash.

5. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Tim, thanks it really has been Hell trying to get our lives back together, but things are never as bad as it seems. Our house has been completely redone and looks great. We should be back in within a couple of weeks. Thank God my parents live in Lafayette, and we have been staying with them. Hopefully, we can hook up when things settle and snag a cat or two!!!