Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the hydro reports and determining that the water would be safe, me and JetDoc decided to hit the Wabash River yesterday near Terre Haute. We were supposed to have a tourney there with ICA but they canceled it due to high water. So we get there, look at the river and say "What high water?"....and we launch. The river was up a bit with some debris coming down but definitely fishable. We fished about 10 different spots with the help of a local friend that lives near the river, but only managed one fish. It was a blue about 8lbs or so. We tried shallow water and deep holes, but just wasnt meant to be. On a side note, WEATHERMEN SUCK!!! They said no rain until evening and it rained all day. So hear are the details and pics:
Where: Wabash River near Terre Haute
Weather: Overcast, rain, 67degrees
Water: Stained to muddy, good current, small debris 65 degrees
Baits: Chubs, bluegills, shad, skipjack
Areas fished: Current breaks near structure and scour holes

Here is a pic of my monster...lol

Peace y'all...

·
Registered
906 Posts
the hydro reports were showing the water falling fast saturday, thursday would have been the day i believe, next time you get this way scott give me a holler, this weekend wouldnt have worked due to my 18th aneversary but in the future!!! you know i'm up for it, hows the toona boat going for roy?

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,666 Posts
Scott,
It always amazes me how weathermen keep their jobs; them and politicians. If I got my job wrong so often I would be unemployed and unemployable...
Good effort on getting out there though. One fish is better than none fish...W

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the hydro reports were showing the water falling fast saturday, thursday would have been the day i believe, next time you get this way scott give me a holler, this weekend wouldnt have worked due to my 18th aneversary but in the future!!! you know i'm up for it, hows the toona boat going for roy?
Congrats Andy!!! 18 years is a long time!! The Cattoon is working out well. Runs great and it is comfy to fish from.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
HEY I know that spot. I fish in that exact spot, and right under and behind the bridge behind you in the pic. Last year there were scour holes, dips, and all kinds of natural structure around that bridge. On a sonar it looks like a roller coaster. We caught a few nice blues and 1 decent flathead out of that spot. A couple of mexicans were fishing off the bank with handlines. One of them hooked something that about ripped the skin off his hand like a glove. I'm guessing it was a flathead. But, in that river, Who knows?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.