Wabash River, 11-08-09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's a beautiful fall day, sunny with a high of around 70 deg. Mild wind of 5 mph. River level hangin around 5'. I'll be hittin the Wabash at Terre Haute at around noon, got bait thawin out as we speak. It's gonna be a nice lone trip, no partner today. I like days like this, no distractions, just me, mother nature, and the big ol blues of the Wabash. I'll give ya'all a report when I get back home. Later, WRB.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WRB were expecting some pics on those big ones. Good Luck.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That state record's gonna be a bitch without a net man!!! Goodluck bear have fun man!

4. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Man it was a beautiful day! Motored down river and set up on one of my usual holes and started tossin in lines. Wham! Got a hit on #1 pole before I could get # 2 pole baited and in the water. Thinkin this is gonna be an awsome start to my day, I reeled in the 7.5 pounder, took his pic, and tossed him back lickity split. I quickly got my other rods baited and in the water.....The end. Yup, tha tha tha thats all folks. No more action, anywhere. Gave it up and got off the river at 5:30, got home just in time for dinner.
    I pulled the 7.5 off the side of a 19' ledge on a hole, hiding in the slack current on cut gill head. Water temp was 56.0 deg, water on the decline with lots of leaves and debris.

Attached Files:

5. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    we hit it last night til around 2am, same results...almost, we blanked. so many leaves washing down stream lines couldnt stay out more than 10 minuts before having to clean them off. you fishing the rr bridge? we moved about 8 times all the way around that hole trying to find fish and cleaner water. may see ya there sometime if you fish it much in the winter. andy

6. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I have fished the R/R tressel hole alot, but have had better luck south of I-70. Winter aint gonna shut me down, so yeah, we'll probably cross paths. I've got the 1652 Lowe with the rod rack on the rear and a 40 hp Johnson, "www. catfish1.com" down the sides. Holler if ya see me and we'll swap lies. :wink:

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well sounds like your night was about the same as mine on the Ohio when it comes to numbers of fish.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

Barry,
    There is the proof that Mother Nature has a wicked sense of humor.

At least you didn't have to sit and watch the rods not moving in the rain...W

9. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    got to agree with ya on the downstream of 70, bad part is when the river is lower i have a heck of a time getting my boat through. when you go through the stretch near 70, where does the channel run? east side, west side, in the middle or not at all. last time i went that way the water was low and i had fun getting back up stream.
    love the switch back in the river there though with the deep slow moving water, several nice holes further down also.
    i'l keep an eye out for ya, i'l be in a green crestliner with an all white motor on the back, and a board on the back with rocket launcher rod holders...heres a shot of my ride, ya see me holler, the rod holder set is one of a kind, easy to remember...andy
    [​IMG]

10. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    When you go under the I-70 overpass go through just west of center, then as you approach the shallow riffles angle to east of center, there is usually a shallow channel to get ya through. I usually make sure TH has at least a 2 1/2 to 3' river before I go south.

Yeah, I think I remember your boat, I was fishin the R/R tressel hole a couple months ago and saw ya pile it up on the rocks tryin to get upriver on the east side under north tressel. At least it sure looked like your Crestliner, hope ya didnt hurt it, sounded like a hard hit. If it was you, dont feel bad, you were the second boat we saw do it that day, in the exact same spot.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  11. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the heads up on the channel under 70...lmao,yea, that ws me finding the rocks under the tressel, didnt hurt anything fortunatly. never passed under that section of the tressel, i was trying to give you guys some distance as we passed, mental note made on that spot.

12. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    LOL, not a 1/2 hour before you a guy in a small fiberglass tri-hull loaded to the windshield with camping gear laid it up in the same spot. If that wasnt bad enough, he trims the outboard up out of the water for a couple minuts to inspect his lower unit and prop,,,, while it's running. Saw him come back down river later that afternoon,,,, looked like a steam powered outboard. I would say he had burnt his pump up, and was working on a powerhead. We were laughing our arses off, some people have no business owning a boat.

13. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    This better not include me man.:wink::wink::wink: I only leave mine running out of water when I'm trying to warm it up. J/K:tounge_out:

14. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    LMAO, nah not you Justin, at least not this time. :smile2:

15. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    At least you caught a fish. Last time steve and I went out we spent 3 hrs on the river and couldnt even catch a small channel.