Wabash 7/29

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, after a lousy Monday night pushing the boat through riffles it was nice to catch some fish. Spent a few hours on the river tonight and caught 24, 12, and 4 pound flatties. All on cut bait.

River came up a little today from last nights rain but hardly anthing to talk about.

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey, those 3 fish were caught on LIVE bait, not cut! 'Guess I was trying to get to bed too fast!

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats on the flatties

4. fatcats89

fatcats89 Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job man! I think people in indiana tend to underestimate the fish that the wabash can/does produce. I live in peru and the wabash splits the town evenly, and its perfect water right here, but people insist on fishing the misseniwa resivoir for flats. I pulled a 34.7 lb channel out of the wabash in june and so far its bigger than any flat that people have caught out of the miss. Then I pulled a 51.2lb flat out of the same spot 8 days later, and people are accusing me of cheating (noodling) to get my fish. If you are around the peru area or close to lafayette lemme know and well go fishin the wabash or tippy, or where they meet! Tippy has givin me my pb of 63lbs 2 years ago. Also what bait are you using in the wabash? Nice to know I'm not the only one targeting big fish in the rivers, rather than fishing the over fished spillways. Send me a pm if you want to fish sometime. Happy fishing!

5. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome to the boc Cameron. I retired from Sq. D after 38 years but I have never fished in the city limits. Sounds like I should have been.:sad2: