Wabash 6/27 & 30

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fullstringer & I got out on Saturday and had less than an eventful night. The gar were terrible but Andy managed to boat a small female flathead ~5 pounds. She was a little beat-up so they've finally begun the spawning process up this way...she still had her eggs though. We did get to see two bald eagles and a beaver the size of a volkswagen beetle!

Tonight, BOC newbie "snakeslayer" (I don't think he's posted) and I went to the same spot. The gar weren't as bad tonight and I actually landed one...not sure that's a good thing LOL! I also caught a very nice channel (~5.5 pounds). We had some other hits & both missed a flathead. The one hit a big live BLG about 2 mintues after it was cast out. The beast doubled over the rod and actually pulled the boat sideways. Brecken missed the fish b/c the circle hook actually turned back & went through the gill again. The flattie probably never had much on an opportunity to get hooked. It doubled that rod & pulled the boat just by crushing the gill's head in his mouth. Man those flatties are tough!

All three of us are back out again on Thursday...hopefully with some pics to post!

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What time of day, or night were you fishing?

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Day & night...we usually try to be on the water by 5pm but it ends up being about 6pm before we actually settle down to fishing. Then we fish until 2, 3, or 4 in the morning.

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    said like yall had fun fishing that would have awesome if yall would have landed that fish sorry bout the hook doubing over