W. Patman Lake in East Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by martomhan, Jan 6, 2008.

1. martomhan

martomhan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Texarkana area, any one having any luck there? Lake is a little high now. Suppose to warn up some this week.

Thanks

2. boogie man

boogie man New Member

State:
    texas
    i live 10 miles south of dekalb at lydia or avery .i don't know if you're familiar with this area. i fish wright patman sometimes and bob sandlin in mt pleasant. we always catch our shad there at the berry farm; thats down the road from the graveyard in maud. do you know where i'm talking about? i've done real good there most times. we've done the best fishing where the shad are jumping or by putting out chum . i use soured hen scratch with old ground up chicken liver added and we fished on the side of a dirt road at kelly creek i think it was .did real good. i'm going to sandlin in the morning and try my luck. best weather in a while .good luck to you .later

3. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    Old Patman is full of chanel,flathead and blue cats.I like the chanel myself lots of action. The sour grain does work well.

4. texasnitehunter

texasnitehunter New Member

State:
    NE Texas
    My wife and myself went yesterday, put in at kelly creek and fished in the river. We only caught 10 channel cat but it was a great day on the lake.