Voting

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mi11er, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I was just wondering how many think that there should be a better system in place to vote. The lines to vote makes it hard to vote with having to go to work, or at night when, in my area, you will wait hours. If they want to get people to vote ( especially the youth) there needs to be a better way. I heard that in Missouri that by law, employers have to give you 3hr off to go vote, but the law hasn't been a big item with the way my boss does stuff, so there will be no way that I will get the 3 hrs.:confused2:

The bad thing about this is that I will probably not vote because that it is such a pain to do so. I was thinking tonight that voting is such a privilege, right, and duty. But it is such a pain in the rump that the masses just does not want to mess with it. Sorry about the rambling, just thinking through the computer tonight and was wondering what ever one thought.

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I agree with you that voting is very important.

In order to accomodate those of us who can't actually make it to the polls and stand in long lines there have been efforts made to make it easier and more convienient.

Early voting, drive through voting, absentee ballots ect...

Hopefully someday there will be an option for ALL to vote, but... one can only tell...

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!!! Every vote is going to count this time around, I think it might be closer then ya'll think...

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    As a an American it is your duty and a privilege to vote that is why our forefathers sit it up that way so you could be herd . Also when you vote it gives you the rite to bitch

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    My dad ALWAYS used to tell us and everyone else he knew: IF YOU DON"T VOTE DON"T B***H!!! He also would NEVER tell who he voted for, even the family...he said that was his given right in this country and it was NONE of anyone elses business!!! I never tell who I vote for either! It rubbed off on me!

5. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I have never in my entire adult life voted... why? because every time, in my mind, it didn't matter to me... both candidates were decent and I didn't feel the need...

THIS YEAR, I registered for the first time ever, and you can bank your bottom dollar that I will put myself in pain in that line to be able to make my voice count! I will be heard this time! It's just a whisper, but with all the other votes, it becomes a yell... nuff said. :wink:

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Voting here in Western Kentucky is usually no problem at all. I'm lucky to live in a very small community and only live about 4 miles from where I go to vote. I have never had to wait in a line to vote here. I just go in and vote and am back at home in 15 minutes. If I lived in a larger community, I am sure it would be more of a hassle. The population of Cadiz Ky. is about 3000.....the population for the whole county is about 10,000. With places set up by areas the voting is broke down and usually over very quickly. I will be voting this year!!!!:smile2:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Voted early, Monday the 20th. No line, in and out in minutes.
    Years ago I stood in line for hours and our company did not give time off for voting.

If necessary, I would still gladly stand in line for hours for the privilege of voting!

First time I voted was 1956, have never missed voting in a Presidential election. :wink:

8. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    You can vote early?! I'm gonna have Karen call around to find out where I can do this, and we will be on our way THIS AFTERNOON! If I can vote without lines, I want to do so!

I had no clue!

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Darn Dayton, I'm old, but you voted the first time the year I was born! LOL I agree, doesn't matter who you vote for, voting is one thing that all of us should feel obligated to do. Many, many have died to keep this privelege around.

10. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    We dont have to stand in line but the way the news talks the election will be over before they count our votes. they said this morning that when the east was in they would know who won. I wish the medis could not say a word until the next day it would get exciting then. Thanks SamDavis