Vote the way you live?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Nov 6, 2005.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    it just dawned on me a while ago.
    Do you vote using the same morals that you preach?
    As in, do you vote for canidates, that stand for the same things that you believe?Or do you leave your beliefs at home when you go to vote and do just a straight ticket?
    The reason I ask is, locally, we have several "religious people" who will constantly pester the general public and put on a big show about how rightous,and pure of heart they are. Then, when election time rolls around, theses same people will vote in the totaly opposite direction.
    This has always confused me.
    Example; Lets say for sake of arguement, that I believe in same sex marrige,
    evolution and several other things. Well at voting time, I go down to the polls and vote a straight rebuplican ticket.
    Now would that make sense? I guess it's from my father where I get my voting habbits. I look for the one who closest resembles what I believe in.
    I see so many who turn a 180 when it comes to voting and as soon as it's over with,go right back to being the "religious" person that they claim to be,or are trying to appear as.
    Now this is meant to encompass all elections,not just the presidential one.

So, does your record at the polls reflect who you claim to be,or who you really are?
    Just food for thought.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Keith I will vote for some one that belives the same way I do and not for a party!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I agree with Gator and should I start voting again, then I will practice the same principle, once again.

P.S. Hello Shorte! Did you read your PM?

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Cheryl, tammy said yes she did and thanks.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I vote for morals and/or the way I live or WANT to live 1st. If I have no idea I tend to vote a straight ticket, which to me personally tends to be a conservativly based (lately) republican, thats not to say I wouldnt vote for a conserative democrat, or indepent.

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I vote for the one I believe will serve us best. I am not apart of any party.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I vote my conceince not party lines!!!

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Same here, JW. I'm registered independent, so it prolly be kind of hard for me to vote a straight party ticket. :rolleyes: Whoever I feel will do the best job will get my vote.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I vote for the ones that are closest to my believe and what I think is the best person. Just happens since I turned voting age it always has turned out to be Republican. I could never vote for someone just because I liked him better, knowing they were against everything I stand for.

In local offices I've voted for a few Democrats but that's different.

10. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    I just started voting a couple years ago and thought everyone should vote for the candidate who closely resembles their beliefs and values.It would and does seem crazy not too.
    I would like to see more information on the candidates to help make a decision sometimes.Some things like previous voting records and how they stand on certain issues.Debates are great,if they were used appropiately,LOL.
    Boy would i luvvvvvvvvvvv to be the one asking questions at one of them.I'm sick of all the promises they make and dancing around an issue or rather issues.
    Thats why i like it when somebody whos already in office decides to run,because you can see his/her pattern on issues by hhow they voted in the past on them .

11. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I have always voted for the candidate that I think is the best fit for the job. I have never joined any political party and most likely never will. I find it interesting that you think a Republican can not believe in evolution.

12. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Loved the replies yall. it's prety much the same with my choice of where to place my " X ". also.
    Micus, the rebup, and evolution thing ,as was the whole"imaginary voter" was justam example. It was intened to nail down the views of one party or the other,just choices.
    Thanks for the replies.

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have always voted at every election since I was legally able to vote (Well, missed a few while in the military). I also have always voted for the person whom as far as I can tell, has the same beliefs as myself. No particular party has all the same views I have, thus I don't claim to belong to any of them. Through the years, my beliefs have not changed, but the parties have. Rarely will I find one candidate that I back 100%.
    Tomorrow is election day here in MO. I will make my appearence if for no other reason than to cast my vote "NO" on most everything they want. LOL

14. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Keith,
    I fully agree with your post, but here is the problem at hand. Last presidential elections Bush and Kerry, one of those two were going to win. I agreed with neither completely. I found flaws with both canidates and neither believed in all the values I grew up with. My vote was however cast for Bush. Not because I felt Bush was the "right man" for the job, but because he was the best of the two in my opinion. I just wish that we could have canidates step up that believe in honesty and the American public and not political agendas.

I just feel that as far as politics are concerned good old fashioned values are gone and may not return. So those who choose to voice will constantly have to choose the best of two poor canidates or put a vote towards a canidate from another party that will more then likely loose.

I do not mean to sound negative, but I just wish that a good ol' boy would step up to the plate for president.

-Brian

15. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Post above should have read,"was not intended to nail down the view of one party or the other"

16. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

I personnally did not take it that way Keith. I can honestly say I do not claim any political party.

-Brian

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Well I used to consider myself republican but lately its more and more independent. To me when it comes to the presidency its the lesser of two evils. It seems you have to vote rep. to protect our guns, if the democrats would forget about new gun bills all the time the rep. would be in big trouble.

18. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Keith,
    The last time I voted was for Richard "I am not a crook" Nixon! We all know he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar so to speak. I firmly believe they are all speakers with the gift of gab and most hardly ever live up to their campain promises. You can please some of the people some of the time seems to be what they are all about. I may ruffle a few feathers by saying so, but why vote for the lesser of two evils? I believe the "Powers that be" will put their choice in the white house regardless of public opinion. Yep! another conspiracy theory!

19. shadow

shadow New Member

I vote my personal convictions and have split my ballot many times. For the last several national elections it has been my personal opinion that the democrat party has been hi-jacked by idiots. That said, I usually end up voting for a democrat in LOCAL elections.

I am a democrat----a Zell MIller democrat. NOT a George Soros democrap.

20. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im gonna vote for the person that favors my life style plain and simple.