Vote on the USA Today Right to Bear Arms Poll

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Fishmaster1203, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
  2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky

3. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I just voted four times. You know the anti's are burning it up.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    after voting click refresh and vote again i did it bout 5 times so far

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Keep clickin' Latest Results, adds one everytime.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I tried that and its still not letting me vote again:confused2:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just added about 10 yes votes:cool2:

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i voted yes .. p.s i moved pout into the country is it ok if i shoot my weapons in my back yard i have no neighbors back there on each side i do

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Blast away Catoon!

10. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    ok thks i love shooting my guns but i didnt want to offend other people

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Not trying to rain on parade.
    I will vote yes when it loads on my PC. but I dont like it on the internet.
    I dont like the internet voting that allows folks to vote as many times as they like. I think its cheating folks out of what many really want, which is gun rights. I think more folks are for gun rights than not. I know I am and I dont know anyone in my parts who isn't for gun rights, no matter what party they are with. if a puter nerd , one who might be against the right to bare arms , has the right program, they can sit it up to vote all night long, 100's of times and go watch a movie while its doing it's thing.
    It should be a straight up vote. If it was, I think gun owners would win.
    If that is what our Gov. is looking at to make their choice, I would vote to take the vote off the internet or do it right, one vote per person. Gun owners would win, I'm sure of it.
    I would like to beable to vote on any gun laws and any changes to them once voted in etc.
    Gun rights is something Gov. should allow us to vote for everytime. That way, neither party would have a say. It would be our say. problem solved. Like I said, I think more folks are for gun rights than against.

well I just proved it. While typing, I had to wait to vote. I just did.
    I told ya. More for than against. 97% yes.
    Guess the against aint smart enough for that program. LOL.
    I was wrong bout the internt voting but it still could happen. might depend on who puts it up.

I just get tired of gun issuers. Folks have spoken up for gun rights. We want our gun rights. yet, its always back on the table.
    Someone in the hot seat needs to say, no more, or maybe, every 10 years we will talk, otherwise Enough is enough. No need to keep fighing against it day after day. Those anti gun folks need to find another hobbie. Like, save the grass are something.LOL
    they should work on enforce the laws that are on books now. We dont need more gun laws, we need less.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just yell out 4444444444444444444444444, when you shoot. LOL:smile2:
    And you might not want to target practice at midnight on a work night. Some folks like to sleep before going to work LOL:tounge_out:

other than that, you should be ok.:wink:

13. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Dan, You're correct.... It shouldn't be an issue....But, it is,, and there are a lot of powerful people wanting to convert the last vestiges of free American citizens into subjects...

When or if that happens,,, the other Rights won't be an issue any longer, either...

I wonder how many people voted for gun rights on this poll, and also voted for Obama?
    The two don't play well together.....

I've only had one vote per Presidential election since I had the right to vote,, and,, when things went OK, we lost NO gun rights, and when It didn't we did lose rights..
    it's not OK to give up even ONE right or freedom. We've lost too many already.

14. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I placed my yes vote !!!!

15. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Oh, I voted yes all right, but I find it quite depressing that such a question should even need to be asked.

Do some research on the Supreme Court's decision in Kelo v. City of New London to provide unrestricted imminent domain rights to municipalities. There were thousands of phone calls from across the country to the unfortunate residents that were about to lose their homes (defendants in this case). Most of these calls were offers by gun owners to surround the houses and fend off the condemnation of these victims' property.

The state involved (Connecticut) backed away and began to sweeten the deal considerably to pacify these landowners (who still lost their property, by the way), being willing to make any offer in order to keep the peace.

Yes, gun ownership is a guaranteed right to the citizens of the United States for the express purpose of protecting themselves against a government run amok.

You can read the flaming liberal account about this case here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/23/AR2005062300783_2.html

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    maybe not..

97% yes it gives us the right to bear arms
    2% no it doesnt
    and 1% undecided

out of 88000 votes so far!:wink:

17. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State: