Volume on TV stuck on 100

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by RiverKing, Jan 19, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I was dusting my 4 yr old Flat screen TV off saturday, and i ran the rag over the buttons on the bottom..I heard a pop, and felt a little shock, now the volume is stuck all the way up..Also the word "volume" is stuck on the TV...Anyone here know anything about TV's that maybe able to tell me whats wrong with it? I bought a new HDTV anyways, but I hate to throw the old one out, its got a great picture and is only 4 yrs old...It was a cheaper TV when i bought it, but i would like to get it fixed if its not too much

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Duct tape over the word "volume" and ear plugs:wink::wink::wink:

Sorry Matt, someone was going to say it. Thought I would get it out of the way right off and make way for a sensible answer...W

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sounds like the switch itself. If you felt a shock it may have fried it.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It's a long shot, but pull the power plug for a few seconds and see if that resets it. If not, try leaving it unplugged overnight.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats what I do on different electronics.
    direct TV receiver will mess up now and then. I leave power on, pull plug and let sit for a while, then plug back in, works great.

other than that, now days, most everything is throw away. If someone can fix it, most likely the cost of repair , price and or age , out weighs the cost of a new one.

Could send it to me. I'm deaf in one ear and lost half my hearing in the other. Volume level is probably just right for me.:tounge_out: