Visiting the area

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by BigCatJakeSr, Jun 26, 2008.

1. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    The family and I are comming down to do a little white water raftin and may get a little free time when we visit some family down along the greenbrier. I fished below Bluestone dam for smallies but never for flatheads. Any info on where to fish for them will be greatly appreciated, also thinking about Summersville area and lake. Any flatties in the upper new area as well.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Maybe somone will answer your thread . I used to live in Clarksburg and have had some posts up with no replies . One of my high school buddies has a camp on the Greenbrier and said he catches some channels . You might want to contact the west virginia dnr they could tell you if cats are present on these waters .

3. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hey Robert,with the price of gas these days,please take my advice Sir,don't waste your time and money to fish below the dam.There is some smallmouth being caught there now,and very few flatties.If you wanted to fish for flathead,and have a boat,put in under the bridge and go up river on the New,your chances would much better.I sure hope that you can have your own bait,because it is out of sight at near by bait stores.I think creek chubs are like $7.00 a dozen and up.If you need any more info,just let me know.Glad I could be of some help.tight lines

4. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    where on the new would be the best to go without a boat?

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like some very good info and advice, this is why the BOC is so valuable.

6. wesmcbride28

wesmcbride28 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Bull Falls or Big Bertha camp ground I think you can get directions from wvdnr web site. Caught a few nice channels this year and my uncle caught a 20lb flat head last night. Or you could rent a boat from the bluestone marina. Hope this helps.

7. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    there has been some flats caught at the dam from the handicap pier, biggest i saw was bout 8-10 pounds but a bunch of smaller ones.