Visiting Arkansas. Need some questions.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by xkid, Mar 12, 2008.

1. xkid

xkid New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hello everyone. I am coming down to Arkansas on the twenty third for spring break. Looking to go camping with some friends. I have a couple of questions I want to ask you guys. First questions is that are there any animals I need to watch out for at night such as snakes or alligators? And my second question is how is the weather down there right now? I checked and it looks like it is going to be raining all next week. Is it looking any better? You guys think I should still come despite the weather? Thank you for taking the time to read this guys.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well since that is your 1st post welcome to the hood!!! Tell us where your planning on going to and i bet you get some answers pretty quick:tounge_out:

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Like said above where are u going to stay????Welcome to the boc

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC. It depends on where ya going to be at on the snakes and alligators. The weather you can never tell about. It has snowed, rained, sleet and the sun has shined all last week. So ya never know what ya might get. :big_smile:

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Don't forget about the bears and alligator gar :0a26:

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, and welcome on your trip to Arkansas! The weather here in Little Rock looks pretty good next week except for Tuesday, where they're showing a 60% chance of rain. But, the answers to your questions will depend a lot on what part of the state you're visiting. You can generally figure that the weather up in the mountains will be different from the weather down on the delta. Alligators will pretty much leave you alone, especially during the day, but there are places where I definitely wouldn't go wading after dark. In places, coons will be your biggest problem, eating or tearing up anything they can get into...and they can get into just about anything that doesn't have a lock on it, such as coolers that have the top latched down tight. And some areas do have quite a few water moccasins. The big ones will generally stay away from you, given the chance, but you need to watch out for the little ones under 3' long that haven't yet learned to be afraid of people. Other places, though, are pretty free of them. As I said, it depends on where you go.