Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Virginia Fishing Ban?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fgjb2k1 
#1 ·
So my wife has heard somewhere that the Governor has stopped all fishing in Virginia much like the restaurants. I see everyone fishing so I am assuming this is not true but can someone confirm this?

Thanks as I am really going through DT's (I know, I know... Better to keep the peace than step out...)

#3 ·
I can't help with confirmation but one of my biggest complaints has been the governments inability to keep folks informed. For the past several years I have made a few trips to KY Dam Skipjack fishing in the spring. This year in early April I heard a "rumor" they had shut bank fishing off below the Dam but despite internet searches of KY DNR and the TVA I wasn't able to confirm so I didn't go. I know they have a lot on their plate right now but that information from a creditable source would be nice. Good Luck.

#4 ·
As far as I know they havent. I was even approached last week by a county cop and said nothing. The VDGIF say that there has been no changes except for some trout stuff. But if you plan on fishing something county or city or marina ran you may want to check first that it is not closed but as far as state stuff everything is open

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.