Vintage fish pictures

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by seacatfish, Feb 15, 2008.

1. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I collect old photos of fishermen holding their catch. It is nothing that will have much value, I just like the fishing history flavor it creates, and the emotions of the thrill of the catch, decades ago.

Does anyone want to post scans of the old photos in your parent`s albums? It might make a neat thread, and you may enjoy a real nostalgic feeling as you post them.

I think it would be best to tell Who, When, Where etc. with the pictures, to be of the greatest interest. Kind of like adding the provinance in the collection.

Hope to see some posts.:0a36:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

This is a neat idea Dan. I've thought for a long time that I'd like to post some pics of my grandad deep sea fishing (out of Jacksonville, Fla. if I'm not mistaken) ; I am just negligent about downloading a picture sizing program - or even checking to see if my computer already HAS one :smile2:.

I love vintage photos of any kind, and have many from my family dating back to the 1800s.....daguerreotypes and tintypes (ferrotypes) included; so I would enjoy seeing folks' old pictures immensely. Most of the ones in my collection don't pertain to fishing though.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I have some you might like. I have no idea who they are but I know they were taken on the Walnut river here in S.central KansasIt is very old as you can tell by the dress.It wont upload the pics here but you can find them in the Kansas section under lakes and reservoirs. The title is The Walnut River.

4. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Kyle, those are some OLD photos, for sure. Love the catfish one. I`ll try to add it to the collection. Thanks, Dan

5. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Here's some old photos from my collection (if I can figure out how to attach them...? :confused2:

Attached Files:

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Great idea for a thread. I've got some old ones somewhere of when I was really small. Several are with my late grandfather. Looking forward to seeing what other members post.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is one of my uncle, I think this was taken in the early 20's in Texas.

Attached Files:

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    All those pics are truly classic. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.:wink:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well see folks have been eating catfish even before color and there still here,lol.

cool pic's. sorry i cant add all mine are recent. i have one from 18 years ago i will look for. me with a giant bluegill and a catfish.

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont have any vintage pics...but who knows, maybe one day I'll be blessed enough to have someone showing pics of me to someone:roll_eyes:. Thanks for sharing the pics guys.

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good pics and thanx. Ya gotta wonder though. When I went fishin as a young man takein a pic was the furthest thing from my mind. Catchin,cleanin and cookin em is why I went after them. My dad never was the lets go fishin type. Any fishin I did was on my own. And any money I had from my paper routes was spent on candy at the corner store or fishin stuff at the Sears store. Mom did get me a rod and reel once with S&H green stamps. Never was much picture takein in the house or outside. LOL!

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great thread Dan. I wish i had some pics to add but all of mine are recent pics sorry.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    vin┬Ětage, = old-fashioned or obsolete.

George, go ahead and post your latest pictures, you meet the definition. LOL

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    those are neet guy keepum comin please.

anyone have the picture from in fisherman 1800's sturgoen fishing with chains a horses?

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I'm sure dayton has it. It was more than likely him. LOL!:wink:

16. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Here are a couple of old photos I came up with, by hook or crook.

The first is a picture of one of the early BOC moderator`s meetings. Sent to me by one of the paparazzi guys in Missouri, if memory serves. This is not to be construed as an endorsement of any particular brand of beer!

The second one was sent to me by Redfishman, of a Key West charter, the only time he ever caught any fish. Actually, his sister caught all but one, he managed the third one from the left. Wore him out so bad he took a 3 beer break afterward. With that 5 minute rest, tho, he was good for the rest of the day.

The last was sent to me by an old girlfriend of Lawnman, just to show how well he cleaned up back then. I don`t know how he let her get away....

Attached Files:

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

I told her not send you that pic.....lmao
    I hope she doesn't send you the pic of us when we were nude....lol :smile2:

18. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida

So you still remain in contact. Hmmmmmm Does the wife visit catfish1.com?