Vintage Catfish Avatars For The BOC ???!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 12, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let's try something neat! How about an Old School Picture of you and a catch from the past! Change your avatar to an old photo of you with a cat from your younger days, and we can have some fun with it!!:smile2: Maybe im gonna be making a fool of myself for this crazy idea, but I will get it started to be a team player!! To let us know you are participating, make a post, or write "OLD SCHOOL CATTIN" in your signature so we can try to see the difference in your looks!:crazy: rollo

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Jason if I see my Dad over thanksgiving he has one of me in a cathlic school uniform from the eary 80's holding a 20+ lb flat head. I also had the 70's bowl cut:crazy:

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    man i got one when i was 7 with a 8 pound channel but its old 35 mm pic i'll see if i can get it up

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

You sitting on a chicken in that pic?? HAHAHA:big_smile:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was a chunky SH*T! Back in the day!!:smile2: rollo

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Your legs didnt look chunky..LOL..Im just messin with you man,thats a cool pic

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL.. They weren't real sturdy!:smile2: rollo

8. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    well here it is in all my no teeth glory
    left you a little comment in the off for the winter rollo

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    you should have sued them for lack of support. :wink::smile2: looks like you still had the touch with the cats back in the day though Jason.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll try to get mine up soon with my PB Flattie from 2000. Quality isn't that great, its scanned...:confused2:

Its up now......:roll_eyes::smile2:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  11. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will try to get mine up soon. My grandparents have a picture somewhere of my at about 9yrs old. I caught like a 10lb channel on a cheap walmart rod. Me and both of my cousins had to take turns with the pole. Even using each others backs as a pivot point to pry the pole off of lol it was an amazing day...been hooked ever sence...it was actually my first catfish too.

12. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Alright heres my first big flathead. I know the quality sucks but its a scan. I caught it out of the Licking River back in High School. The other posted pic is from 6 years ago when I was working for EA Engineering on all the AEP power plants studying the effects of their water intakes on fish. I got a few minutes to run down to the discharge which at the time was pumping tons of dead YOY shad into the river. I caught all these fish and gave them to the workers at the plant that wanted them. To this day it was the fastest action I have ever had. As soon as the bait hit the water you had a fish on. The fish were so thick their backs were out of the water.

Attached Files:

13. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Don't want to change my avatar but here is one from 1975.

Attached Files:

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    heres mine, nothing like going channel cattin with my dad back in the day:smile2:

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You look a little bigger in your avatar now. Were you a weight freak back in the day?

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LMAO! I work with a guy that must go 3 plus! He is an overweight fella. On the front of his hard hat, he has a sticker that says, " I BEAT ANOREXIA!!" :smile2: On the back he has another that reads, " I MIGHT BE FAT, BUT ATLEAST I AIN'T UGLY!" Some funny stuff, and he has a great sence of humor! Funniest thing though, was the day he attempted to out run another guy over a bet!!:smile2::smile2: He had forward momentum with his gut bouncing off his knees, but couldn't pull it off!!!!!:crazy: rollo

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Forgot to answer the weight freak question.. LOL... Im a lifetime member of Jenny Craig!:smile2: Seriously, beer, food, and bad women wasn't enough to put me in a different weight class! So I got married!:wink: rollo

18. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    old school pic for sure
    this is as far back as i could find

19. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I don't have any really old FISHING pics but i'll go old school anyway......

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant believe that you young pups are being so rebellious!:eek:oooh:
    You, are all courting disaster, blatantly flaunting the rules of the realm.:crazy:
    It will be interesting to see if the axe man, lops off your heads! lol :smile2::smile2::smile2: