Vikings are team to beat this season

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by catsrking, Jun 26, 2006.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This is a Minnesota team with a renewed focus on winning the big dance. Ziggy's not playin' around. With the offense in Big Brad Johnson's capable hands, and the defense steeped in ornery, I see great things happening for the 2006 Vikings.

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gee, maybe baitfish was right when he said, "It's too early to start this crap." :doubt: ARE there any Vikes fans out there?????????

3. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i think the cowboys will be good this year even with terrible owens.

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Viking's will do much better than the Cowboys IMO.I think they may go 9-7 or 10-6 if they are lucky and maybe grab a wildcard spot if Chicago's D comes back together and the Bears take the division. I question Chicago's offense however and if the Vikes can find a way to dismantle the D and get those two important wins under their belt they may be able to take the Division with an 11-5 record, but I don't see them being that successful.

I don't think the Lions or the Packers have made enough offseason progress to pose much of a threat to them. They have a chance to get into the playoffs or a wildcard spot if everything falls into place, but I don't see them making it this year.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I hope the Colts do something this year....:embarassed: I still think they will be a dangerous team. I don't know if I can take another 1 and done in the playoffs though.:crazy: Hey Jim and Phil, before you say anything....40-21 in Foxboro.LOL!!:lol: Oh man I think it's the Colts season.:eek:oooh:

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Your still drinking the kool aid after last year??????

thought You learned Your lesson

7. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I still say the Colts will have a very dominant season but won't quite cut it in the playoffs.

8. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    God Bless you Jim! It's been dang near 30 years since the Vikings have been to the big one, January 9th, 1977, Pasadena where they lost to Oakland 32-14. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgghhh... And three more Lombardi trophies missing from their shelf prior to that: '75, '74, & 1970.

See where I'm going with this. It all adds up - FATE + LAW OF AVERAGES + IT'S JUST PLAIN THEIR TURN = this is the Vikes year to win -Ta Da!

9. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I hope you are right Tom, but I am not sold on this years team. I think they are a year away. I've been a Vikes fan my whole life and the one thing I have learned is to keep my hopes to a minimum. But I'll cheer them on nonetheless!

10. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Most recently, '98 season, the missed field goal fiasco (felt bad for Gary) that sent the Friggin' Falcons to the bowl. :angry: :angry: :angry: That really burned my bacon. The only pleasure I got from that bowl was having Denver hand Atlanta their butts.

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    broncos in my opinion, they keep gettin closer and closer to the super bowl every year, and i think that this year their gonna get their and hopefully win it.

12. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, um, maybe - NOT!! We are playing Vikes win this year Wil, Vikes win.... :angry: :angry: :angry: lol

13. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It would've been a closer game if the Vikes had made it in, however the broncos still would have trampled them.

14. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now that wasn't necessary... lol

15. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eh...I guess it was a little harsh...but football can be a merciless sport :p

I'm already hyped for the season!

16. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    what do you call 40 guys sitting around watching the superbowl on tv? Answer the vikings.... lol jk JETS fan here

17. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What are you yuk yukin' about. The Jets have been dormant since '69. The Vikes been to the bowl 4 times since then. No they didn't win, but they were there... lol

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Vikings have as good a chance as anybody to win their division. The Packers are in rebuild, the Lions are always in rebuild, the Bears got great defense but no offense so the door is wide open.

Here We Go Steelers!!!!:big_smile:

19. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It could happen, but I really don't see the Vikes dismantling the Bears D.

20. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    The Vikings are the team to beat.... that's like a Cubs fan saying we are going all the way after the winning their first game of the season..... which for the Cubs is usually about... well.... now. I've been a viking fan and a cub fan for more years than I care to remember and I would say with confidence that this isn't the year for either one of them, or will next year, or the next or the next, or the next, or the next.... you get my drift. But I'll be in there rooting for them all the way. At least I know how to handle losing very well and don't let it bother me. I used to get upset and would walk around for a couple days mad as all get out, then learned it's just a game played by over paid athletes that do more to keep drug dealers in business than anything else. Oh, well, I'm done.