Videos and Pictures of my FIRST gig!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Mar 17, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Last night was my first 'real' gig. And I have to say it was one of the best times I've ever had, we have only practiced together a few times, so I had to keep it simple, but everyone told me it sounded great and I kept awesome time.

At the end of the show my Dad grabbed his guitar and got up there and shredded with us on a cover 'All along the WatchTower'. Unfortuantely the video quality is VERY low, I apologize....but hopefully you can get an idea of what was happening. They are also broke up in different parts because the person using the camera didn't know what he was doing, so he missed a lot of my Dad doing the lead, because he litteraly did like a 5 minute lead.

Here's a few videos;

First one is of my Dad-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-t3ZQOM_iw

Second one is of my Dad also-

EDIT: I'm waiting to get the second one actually, I'll come back and post it once I get it.

And the last one is a very short one of me playing which the sound turned out a little better on-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZz0c62tbDY

Now here are some of the pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Zakk

Attached Files:

2. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Man you will always remember that first gig. mine was back in 1989 at a local club called "the first ward."

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I know I will brother, as good of a time as I had last night there's no way I'll forget. Do you play drums as well?

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pretty cool Zakk, remember us all when you get rich and famous. :big_smile:

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thats awesome zakk! I bet you had a blast huh? :big_smile:

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :big_smile: Thanks guys, yes it was an awesome time, and we might be playing somewhere else next Saturday.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Very cool, Zakk! Congratulations on your first gig and I hope you get to do another one soon... you sure are making some great memories, and with your Dad, too :lol:

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Carolyn! Yes they will be great memories for sure, I doubt I would ever make it big or anything, it's to risky of a thing for me to try, plus it would take away a little too much of my fishing time, but it sure is fun playing, esspecially in front of a pretty good crowd. I've played with my Dad a few times before, and that's always the most fun.

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sounded good zach ! bet it was a great feeling bein up there bangin on the drums like that .
    you need a BOC sticker on the bass ( can i call it that? ) drum
    ( can i call it that also? ):tounge_out:

since you got a bass and a drum in the band you might as well have a catfish sticker .
    you can tuna piano but you cant tune a fish AHHH CHEESY YES , BUT I LIKE IT TOO.:roll_eyes:

seriously thanks for sharin and cant wait to see more.
    by the way i have a few video clips of my nephew and niece rockin on some doors aerosmith etc. but cant seem to get them on a link .
    i will try this you tube and see if it will work.

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's :cool2: Zakk, thanks for sharing. Congrats l'il bro! Can the ladies of the BOC be internet groupies :big_smile:?

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    way to go zakk keep it up and youl be famous some day

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ah yes. I can remember my first gig. What a blast! What a hangover too! LOL! Oh, wait, I was 15 no hangover yet. My deput was with a christian rock group believe it or not. We did rock. Then I moved on to "secular" music, then that's when the hangovers kicked in. But for real, keep it up, and if nothing else, you will have a ball, and make some $$$ to boot. I couldn't take the soap opera of having to be "married" to 3 or 4 other guys all the time. Lots of good memories, but not a carreer for me. Rock on man!!!

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    nice bro! ur insane

14. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Over the years Zakk, I have tried a little bit of everything, but my choice was the bass guitar. I dont care for too much attention. Btw, how do you if the stage is level?...by which side of the drummers mouth the drool is coming out of.:big_smile: j/k. Keep rocking.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks man, it's actually a good idea to put a BOC sticker on my Bass, it would look pretty good, only thing making it hard is the hole in the head for putting a microphone in it. I hope you can show the video of your nephew rocking, I love aerosmith.

Thanks Tanya! I already have a lot of groupies (LOL) but you all can if you want to.:lol:

Thanks, I don't plan on ever being famous because I would most likely just end up being dissapointed, but I do it for fun and maybe one day I would be fortunate enough to make it, who knows I guess....if I did make it I will make a huge donation to the BOC...lol:big_smile:

Thanks man, that's great you were in a band. It's a blast, but I can see how it can get aggrevating. Fortunate for me, the two guys I'm in the band with are very nice, one of them is an Art Teacher and the other one does like plumbing or something.

Thanks man!

:big_smile: Oh ok, that's cool. And thanks I will definitely keep playing.

I'd say overall the best part of playing the other night was when my Dad jumped on stage in the first video and did an awesome guitar lead, I just wish you all could hear it more!

16. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    CONGRATULATIONS ZAKK,HOPE YOU GO FAR WITH IT.

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Greg!:smile2:

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Zakk,

WOW! Thanks for sharing those.

I may have to travel to NC, some time, just to see you playing those drums! If the career change takes place, you might have MORE time to fish.

Take care.
    Cheryl

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Zakk! You sound awesome! Don't forget your B.O.C. buddies when you get rich n famous!:cool2:

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Cheryl and Scott! I really appreciate the nice comments from everyone.

It looks like in September I may have a chance of getting my name out there! There's a band from Europe coming to tour the U.S. that's pretty big, and thier drummer can't come so I may be going on tour with them all over! I have to kind of try out for them in September when they come to my Dad's coffeehouse, but it's almost for sure a done deal unless their real drummer ends up being able to come.