Video- Dinkbuster vs Goose!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dinkbuster1, Apr 12, 2008.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    got out today and braved the wind for a few hours to do some channel cat fishing. spot i was heading to was about a half mile walk. when i arrived i was greeted with a big P-O'ed goose who just flat refused to leave! after trying to scare him off for 15 minutes, and getting bit a couple times i decided to bust out my phone and record some of the epic battle (videos at bottom, beware of some foul language). in the end the goose decided to give up the spot but was nearby the whole time i was there hissing and spreading his wings trying to scare me. was the trip worth it? sorta, i did get into some bigger channels, think i caught 8 in the 5-6lb range with the biggest being 8lb. BTW, goose was not harmed during this filming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN6QWwHGUvc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFI7AA4mXXA [url]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/dinkbuster1/Image048.jpghttp://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/dinkbuster1/Image048.jpg

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you ain't right bro! LMAO! first snappers, now this! :smile2: reps to ya...rollo

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I love the commentary, LOL :tounge_out:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO!!! Thats too dang funny!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    lmao id have smacked him with a pole :wink:

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I think that was one of those "Red Necked" Geese .... and he thought you were going to try and take his women from him ..... LMAO .... Garry-

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you should have bagged him up and took him home with you....lol... i know some friends that pull pranks on each other that way! One of my buddys released one in another friend's house trailer one night on the river, while he and his girlfriend were away, it crapped everywhere!!! thank goodness its a river place:smile2: rollo

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    He looked like a keeper. The goose!! LOL Had more meat than that cat. LOL

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    " this is my fishin spot, you get outta here " :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good stuff thanks for sharing

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    bet that would be siad unless it was a bunch of soft shells being caught! rollo

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,wasn't there a post on crowding,imagine how that goose felt.

good video,btw,thanks for the fun

13. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    wow that guy way hateful..

14. crtr03

crtr03 New Member

State:
    columbus, ohio
    HAHA thats funny, those geese seem to be everywhere now. They always drive me crazy when they swim across my line and get it caught in their feet

15. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A duck did that to me once and its foot hit my line

I wasn't paying attention and i thought i had a fish on, I had one of those big hook sets, i was feelin macho, just to find out nothing close to a fish had touched my bait, i set my pole down and looked around to make sure no one saw me, luckily no one did.

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,that sounds like one of my stunts

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    they seem to be everywhere because goose season is closed. when im cold as f... layin in a field they sure dont seem to be everywhere. well yeah they do... everywhere else than where i am !! :smile2:

18. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    First, I've hated geese from my first encounters with them growing up on farms. I think they are pests. I think they should loose their migratory status as a species. Then, we should start a regular feed of them to the local soup kitchens!

Second, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but the little buggers are federally protected. I would consider pulling the video. Unless you have the nuisance permit, some Dudley Do Right might start harping on harassing wildlife. I'm not discouraging running them off, but I'd hate to see you get legal grief from handing them evidence of your actions.

Your call.

Spencer

19. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That was hilarious when i seen your hand come out i thought that good was gonna look like that snapper you had by the neck.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    funny video geese all they are good for eating and crapping thanks rick one tried to attack me at eastwood kicked it. makes a good punting football :smile2: