Video cameras?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Were looking to buy a Video camera? Looking for something that will take good videos of our products, fishing trips and stuff. That does not cost an arm and leg. I have seen some that are Hd and works in low light . The low light may be a good ideal on fishing trips.
    Would like to stay under $400 or so.
    Pete

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I just bought this digital camera a few days ago, that can shoot up to 4 hour worth of video. It isn't the 1080p, but the 720 ? or whatever its called. I mainly bought it for the 20x telephoto zoom lens and the 10 meg..
    Canon PowerShot SX10 IS

3. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Just picked up one in January of 09'. Panasonic SDR-H40 HD, it's not the best one on the market or anything, but good enough for the little bit I'll use it for, for fishing. Also got an extra battery, 8gig sd/mcc, tripod and carrying case. but it was a little over the price range you have.

the one thing I seen is You will pretty much get what you pay for as far as quality. the better quality being higher in price.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I do understand the you get what you pay for. But being its going to be used in the boat 90% of the time. Make's me think wet and it bitting the dust.
    But would like to have one that will be here for a few years . Wonder if theres a cover for one to keep it from getting damp or wet.:crazy:

Cutter & Pip how well does the ones you have work in low light? You know how that big fish shows up at low light minutes.
    Pete

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    With my camera I store it in a empty hook box.When I need been trying to make use of a plastic bag that away keeps it a little cleaner.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Pete, To be honest, the lowlight is marginal at best. Almost best to have some kind of lighting on the boat when shooting at say dusk. The one I got is ok, but could be a lot better for lowlighting.

Far as moisture, if it's raining, I'll probably play it safe and not use it, or keep it under the bimini when using. Not sure I want to find out the limits with regards to rain and moisture if I can help it. I've seen guys have theirs covered with those 2 gallon freezer bags with a hole cut and taped around the lens, but I've haven't had a chance to try it.