video camera mount

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by altcatmaster, Jan 1, 2010.

1. altcatmaster

altcatmaster New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish alone and want to video my trotline and limbline techniques needing ideas on mounting video cam so it can record but not be blocked by me or tree limbs etc..Thanks yall

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I have been planning on making a mount from a seat pedestal post. That way it can easily be moved to different positions on the boat.

There are RAM Mounts out there also that are specifically made with a 1/4-20 thread to attach cameras and other accessories. I may go that route instead.

3. altcatmaster

altcatmaster New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Keep me in mind Im gonna experiment with a arm mounted in one of the threaded pole holder mounts having the arm with acouple or so hinge points that I can have it hang outside the boat several feet and video backtoward the boat think Ill make my prototype out of 2x2 wood then once I get what Im looking for Ill make it out of aluminum round or square tubing I'm a welder so thats the easy part after I figure out what will work Ive been makeing some drawings maybe I can come up with something I can put on here for everyone

4. Some great ideas there guys. I agree to make a wooden prototype, very easy to change to figure out how ya want it done!:wink:

I like that seat post idea too. And to have a camera mont that hamgs over the water is swee too. Gonna have to do the same for myself!:big_smile:

5. altcatmaster

altcatmaster New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Heres another thought guys I was looking at some wireless cameras and had the thought of making a head cam like nascars helment cam and feeding it into my laptop Humm wonder if it will work

6. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio