VIDEO: Cabelas King Kat Classic Quick Update - 60+G Catfish Setup

Discussion in 'Catfishing Videos' started by Catfish_Commando, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Quick Report From Cabelas King Kat Classic

I am spending the week in Kentucky just enjoying the experience, doing some well-earned catfishing, and socializing with many BOC members who are in the event and live locally. Always a great time to get out and visit and just share the passion of catfishing.

While out fishing with Eric, we stopped by long time member John Jamison and asked for a quick rundown.

We bumped into Winston on the Ohio who is renting a cabin and shot the bull for awhile and did some quick catch up. We finished up today at a local establishment where many of us wished Ryan Simcox off to his new adventure. Ryan leaves for Basic Training on Wednesday, and will be in Field Artillery ( High Angle Hell). Lots of laughs, catfish talk, and camaraderie.

I did a 2 part series on drift fishing for those in my e-mail group, and thought many would like to see a super rigged tournament boat up close, where bumping is a primary method of placing in tournaments. Probably 60-70 thousand in boat, equipment, tackle, etc.

This is Part 1 of that on the water interview with John.

[youtubevid]MjtITwRrKPs[/youtubevid]​

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Wow, there was a ton of information in that video! I had to watch it a couple of times, and every time I did, I picked up something new that I can adapt to me and my situation.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

3. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I really appreciate it when somebody takes the time out to help somebody out. Thanks that was alot of information.

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Great Video Paul, Tons of information in there if you pay attention.

5. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks gents, I was hoping a couple would like it.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Excellent video with lots of info. Appreciated.

7. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Quick Report From Cabelas King Kat Classic

I am spending the week in Kentucky just enjoying the experience, doing some well-earned catfishing, and socializing with many BOC members who are in the event and live locally. Always a great time to get out and visit and just share the passion of catfishing.

While out fishing with Eric, we stopped by long time member John Jamison and asked for a quick rundown.

We bumped into Winston on the Ohio who is renting a cabin and shot the bull for awhile and did some quick catch up. We finished up today at a local establishment where many of us wished Ryan Simcox off to his new adventure. Ryan leaves for Basic Training on Wednesday, and will be in Field Artillery ( High Angle Hell). Lots of laughs, catfish talk, and camaraderie.

I did a 2 part series on drift fishing for those in my e-mail group, and thought many would like to see a super rigged tournament boat up close, where bumping is a primary method of placing in tournaments. Probably 60-70 thousand in boat, equipment, tackle, etc.

This is Part 1 of that on the water interview with John.

[youtubevid]MjtITwRrKPs[/youtubevid]​

8. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    In all honesty that was one of the most informative videos on catfishing rigs, methods, boat set-up that I have seen.

Hats of and many thanks to John Jamison for taking the time out of a very busy schedule to share the info with the BOC, and to Catfish_Commando (Paul) and Deerhunter01 (Eric) for interviewing John, filming the video and sharing with us all on the BOC.

Looking forward to more of these!

Best of luck in the tournament John!

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I like that new avatar, Paul, with the roundhill! :smile2:
    Bill in SC

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks John and Paul. Great vid.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Great job Paul as you well know I can use all the info I can get THANK YOU for doing it:cool2:

12. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Great informative video Paul. John was on the spot and I appreciate him taking the time to explain his equipment and tactics.:big_smile: