video a turkey hunt

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by dieselcat, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    A friend and i are going to try and film a spring turkey hunt with a bow.he just got a nice new ground blind and video cam he is dieing to try out,so i volunteered to be the shooter.This will be the first time I've ever spring turkey hunted,if i see em when I'm fall bow hunting and deer movement has been down,then I'll take a turkey if the opportunity arrives.He is going to be doing the calling,[cause i have never called for turkey]and he will also be filming.I will have my trusty PSE bow with some 2 blade rage.We'll see how it goes and will let you know.

2. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Shane even if you don't hunt this time you will be hooked. Have fun.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Shane,That sounds like fun. I know you're gonna p!$$ down both legs when that ole longbeard sneaks up behind your blind and lets rip. I think spring turkey is the MOST adrenalin rush there is ,next to big honkers with thier feet out and wings set.:cool2:

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    goodluck Bro !!!!! keep us all updated !!!

5. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Thanks all,i'm sure i will have fun.Everyone tells me once i go spring turkey hunting i will be hooked.Thats what i'm affraid of,gosh i love the outdoors but is gets exspensive with all these hobbies i got.I guess you only live once so might as well have fun doing it!Will definitly let you all know how it goes and if i can figure out how to post video,when and if i get 1,then i'll post it for everyone to see.
    Thanks again,
    Shane

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Good luck to you !

No matter what I'm sure you will enjoy it.

opj

7. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    LUke Clayton here. It's EARLY morning in Texas and I have a two hour drive to Palo Pinto County where I hope to arrow a gobbler. I'm sure I will have a newspaper article next week on the hunt, bird or no bird. HOpefully, will have a picture of a big gobbler!
    Good luck to YOU... Just draw that bow under cover, hopefully when the turkey is strutting AWAY from you.. lc

8. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will agree with Reload if you have never hunted Turkeys before its a blast. And if you want a real go fix try waterfowl hunting.

9. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good luck man! I have some similar plans for this season. You should buy the gobbler guillotine broadheads to chop their heads off, unless you plan on mounting it. You will definitely be hooked after that first day when you hear birds calling back to you. Have fun!

10. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    In my last post, I said that I also planned on getting one on film, so I did. My avatar picture is a picture of the gobbler that I killed last Thursday morning. Dieselcat, have you had any luck so far?

11. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Doin' the same thing here. We got a flock of birds workin the same area every day and Im determined to get one with the bow and no blind. My buddy offered to film for me since there is only 1 shooter bird. Just so happens that I got a little video camera last year so hopefully I can get some good video. Same here about posting it too, not sure how but if I get some good footage I will try and get it posted. Good luck dieselcat.

12. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Nope, no luck.We didn't even get to go.my buddy ended up letting his son use his blind so i said the hell with it.Wasn't real excited bout going anyways once the shrooms started poppin good.Would take mushrooms over turkey any day!O'well maybe next year,now it's time to fish no time for turkey......lol

13. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You're right, it is fishin' time. Tonight I caught 8 saugeye. I've been finding quite a bit of mushrooms while I've been turkey hunting. I've attached a photo of some of the mushrooms that I found one day. Good luck fishing and mushroom hunting!

Attached Files:

14. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Thanks,thats a nice mess of shrooms you got there.