Vicious fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by flathunter, Jan 13, 2010.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just to let some of the new members in on a review I did on the vicious off shore monofilment last year.

I had some problems with my old reliable big game, so I was given a 2 -lb spool of the vicious off shore in high vis yellow by fellow member Mellon.

On my first cast I knew I liked this line, it seemed I was getting more casting distance than the big game I was using for years, probably 10 yds or more, and it casted much smoother...I was using the 30-lb test on a abu 6500 reel..I used the same line 6-8 times before the season ended, and it was still casting great and holding up under some bad conditions...I usually change my line out every 3-4 trips.

So if anyone is wanting to try out a new line, I suggest giving vicious a shot.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack I plan on giving it a try this year. I followed your review from last year. Sounds like a good smooth line.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Sounds like a good line.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's all i use. I have it in 4 # diameter for bait fish, all the way up to 50# for leaders/Blue cats.

5. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    does the line have any memory to it because I like to find some that has very little memory at all

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    you find one with no memory and ill switch to it also...

7. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    well stren is the best I seen saw far and I've tried alot of line. It still has some but not much but the only problem I can't find no more of it around here

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010