Vicious fishing line review

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by flathunter, Oct 3, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This has is the best line I have ever used bar none...I used Vicious once in the past and for some reason, I did not think I liked it.

But fellow Boc Member H20 Mellon Brought me a 2-lb spool of the vicious off shore line, 30-lb test in high vis yellow.

I spooled up a couple reels with it and on the first cast I noticed something very good! The line came off the spool smoother than any line I have ever used!.

I use 12 foot rods for long distance casting and I was also getting about 10-15 yds more in my casting distance with less effort.

Something else amazed me, I fish in areas where I have to reel my line thru alot of sand, and this line after using it several times has not had any damage due to the rough conditions.

I always use Berkly big game, and usually have to change my line every trip or to, because the line would get very rough, not the vicious, it has stood up very well. so I can see changing my line much less.

Vicious is also a copolymer line like suffix, which has a soft inner core for flexability, and a hard outer shell for abarsion resistance, it's like mono, but better.

I give the Vicious line 2 thumbs up, and I hope I never have to go back to big game again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Flat you were a Big Game believer for eons?

3. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    compare it to high seas red devil I like it cuz of the very low memory its soft but strong as hell git a snag and you got to cut the line:big_smile:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was untill using this line a few times, again, I cant put into words how smooth this line cast, casting 30-lb test was like casting 10-lb test big game.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack thanks for sharing your review on this Vicious line. I find your comments interesting. I to have been a long time BBG user. How does it compare in cost and where can it be purchased?

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    im interested in the same thing, i used BBG and High Test both this season, and i had to re spool a couple of times because of abrasion problems, memory, and what not. I was thinking of going to a braid again, but the abrasion factor was a concern. if you give it that good a review i may need to try it myself.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When you buy in Bulk,,,1 or 2 -lb spools the Vicious is just as cheap as big game.

8. festus

festus New Member

I checked out several websites about this Vicious monofilament, and noticed it has a thinner diameter than Big Game or most other line. Will have to check it out later. Thanks for the tip, Flathunter. I also noticed they make a panfish line.