Vicious Fishing Line/Mossy Oak

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by H2O Mellon, Aug 9, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just wanted to let those of you that used to really like the Mossy Oak fishing line, that the company is now called Vicious Fishing. They are no longer making the Mossy Oak brand, but now they are making the Visious brand. The stuff seems lots better than the Mossy Oak. I think it's thinner diameter too, which is great.

I am extremely impressed w/ the Vicious line. I am also equally impressed w/ the service from the company. Some of you may recall over a year ago I made a post talking about the great customer service I got from them, well those some folks are still with the company.

Here is a link to the story of the brand change: http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=1902

Here is a link to the Vicious web site:
    http://www.vicious-fishing.com/vicious-fishing/index.php

No, it's not just for Bass fishermen. Try the 20 & 30 # Ultimate line for cats, or step up to the Offshore for larger # lines. You won't be disappointed.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the Vicious/Mossy Oak stuff so much, check out what my wife got for me. If I recall this was around Christmas time. I've given away most of it though. :embarassed: I did like Mossy Oak pretty well, but have fallen in love w/ the Vicious Copolymer line.

Attached Files:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    WOW!!! Thats a lot of line and stuff!!! Wish my ol' lady would do that!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Mossy Oak. I like that line really well. I've spooled a couple of buddies reels and they like it also. I use it on 2 of my 5 catfishing reels and have never had a problem with it at all. The 20# and 30# test is some great stuff!
    I'll have to check out what all they have and when I run out i'll get some more to try out.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yikes, looks like they sponsored ya or something. Cant wait to try out the Viscous line.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Vicious is one of our tournament sponsors and my team has used it al season. I agree its great line. We have 2 first place wins and 2 big cats with the 15# line.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

Ha, ha, noope no sponsorship, but that would be great! :smile2: I was really sold on the customer service. When a company gains my trust, they usually gain my $ and 100% support. Currently I have one outfit that is not spooled w/ Vicious and that is some pink colored line for my wife. I may have enough to do a BOC giveaway or something. I'll have to check w/ Paul, or whoever does that now.

Currently, I have between 4# test and 50# test Vicious on my rigs.

20# Vicious Ultimate on my channel setups
    30# Vicious Ultimate on my most of my flathead outfits
    50# Vicious Offshore on a couple bigger setups
    I also use the 50# for all leaders for flatheads/blues.

7. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    H20..how is the 50 to tie? I have some that is not Viscous but it so thick that I can not use it on some hooks to tie a polamer knot. Is the line thinner? I went on the web site but could not find the deminsions of the line.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

I would say it's comprable to 40# Big Game. I snell my hooke, so it's easy for me, but I find the knot to the swivel easy to tie.

9. kidfishingmaster

kidfishingmaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    i won this kind at a tournament and i have it on one of my poles and i like it a lot