Vexilar AlumaDucer

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by catfishcentral, Mar 28, 2006.

1. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I was wondering if anybody has one of these. They are suppose to be the only shoot through hull transducers for aluminum boats. They can be used on more than just there units just about any 200khz they have a application for. They run about 150.00 dollars plus a 25 dollar adapter cable. I know it's a lot of money but I'm getting ready to replace my second trandsducer and I don't know how many mounting brackets in the area I fish.

http://www.vexilar.com/products/alumaducer.html

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I have one, I frist had it hook up to 480 bottomline, that set up didnt work, I just hooked it up to a 102x lowrance. its working but havent used it enough
    to tell you, any ups or downs, Plus side you can switch out finders , just get adaptor,. The bottomline would black out.
    I have a Vexliar edge, that Ive run for two years and I poxied the puck to bottom of a aluminum boat, which they dont recommend, this is not the aluminum ducer one, just their regular puck, works fine, dont have temp.
    Hower iam almost allways shooting less than60 feet depth around 20to 30 feet usually.
    Will tell you more , after ived had it while.

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Do these work? I want to order one but only if it works.

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Ive got, the lowrance x102 hooked up and runing , seems to work fine, running it agnist the vexliar, seem to travk the same the depth, is different once in a while but usually the same , not enough tobe any trouble, I put a temp senser, on the Lowrance, extra wire to run out . with senser on end.
    used it three times now. looks like it will work.