Vevay-Ohio River-Saturday

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by G3Morton, Aug 11, 2006.

1. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    For anyone who may be interested, there will be a catfish tournament at the Vevay boat ramp this Saturday night (tomorrow). It starts at 5pm and will end at 1am. Be there early to sign in and get things ready.

I figure most guys will probably go to the Markland Dam, so it should be interesting at weigh in.

2. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I believe the tounament fee is 30 dollars and this includes the big fish pot.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats nice but the last time i treid to launch there my truck was all the way down the ramp past front tires and my boat still wasnt floating ,think i could launch on other side at ghent and cross the river tho think thats cosher

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    ? Isd there a rampat the marklnd park?. the DNR shows one. i launched across the river north of the dam last saturdaynight. I don't know the name but ithad a big Ashland sign on the river. It was a good ramp narrow but not bad. and going thru the locks was a hoot(pun intended).

5. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Leonard, I don't think there is a ramp at the dam, You launched out of Craigs Creek which is a decent ramp-for one boat at a time, lol. And yes, locking through is something everybody should do once, just for the experience. It's amazing how much water they pump in and out so fast and tghe pressure those walls are holding back.

6. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I haven't launched out of Vevay in a couple of years, but I was thinking that there is a shallow area and a deeper area that makes it eaisier to unload/load your boat.

There is a small boat ramp down river from the dam on the Indiana side at the Dam View Campgrounds. I believe the campgrounds charge a fee to use the ramp though. And the ramp at the campgrounds is narrow and pretty steeeeeep, and there isn't much room at the bootom so please be carefull if you decide to launch there.

Craig's Creek on the KY side is a nice ramp, I use it often during duck/goose season.

I think that if you fish the tournament that you need to launch at Vevay though.

7. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There is one hole that is in front of the third tree from the left, almost dead center of the ramp. However even in that hole it can still be very difficult, especially if the water is down just slightly. The only good thing is that you have no problem getting grip on that ramp even with all for tires in the water. Its not like the water will get into anything in your vehicle. Good luck hope this helps.