Vets check in

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by old newbie, May 24, 2009.

1. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    All boc brothers who served in our armed forces please id yourselfs so we can thank you for your service.
    Enjoy" your "day THANK YOU, and GOD Bless.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Tell you what Bruce, and the other B.O.C. members who wants to thank a veteran. You want to thank a veteran for what he has done for you and for this country. Why not schedule a visit to a local cemetary and trim the grass around his headstone, or level the head stone if it has settled, or fill in the grave with some earth if it has settled. Plant an American flag honoring his service. Most definetley thank these veterans and just say hello to the ones you see still walking. There is no need to have a love fest with the active duty veterans when there are so many who has served and paid for our freedom.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    wright j m. usmc. 2nd marine div. 8th engineers,.90-94 1st batt, bravo com.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im pretty sure he didnt mean any offence to anyone.. You sound like you are against his proposal of just thanking some troops. We all know some have paid the ultimate price.. I myself have had a few members of my family serve and a few friends. And I have also had loved ones and friends parish in their duties overseas.. I know what comes with that territory.. So I would like to thank every BOC Brother or Sister that has served for our country or is in the process of doing so.. You are brave and couragious and a hero to all of us.. :wink:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Most assuredly, I did not mean to be insulting. Veterans are special people, living or dead. I guess it is the most upsetting to realize quite a few of the Viet-Nam vets did not witness this ground swell of thanks and support for their service. But we can still show our respect by showing a little care at their gravesites. If your a Vet and you need all the allocades, I'm all for you.

6. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Lawrence I reread my post and I see where you could take it as you did, for that I apologize. Friday and Saturday we cut grass and trimed around the graves in our local cemetery, and placed small American flags beside all driveing lanes. This morning we had a memorial service for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. I don't know about a love fest, but after the shameful way we treated our returning soldiers from Vietnam maybe we're overcompensating with todays vets. I guess I'd rather error that way than the other.

7. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sp4 jones 2nd battalion 150th field artillery served with the 3rd battalion 139th field artillery in Iraq

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    SGT Shorey here Fob Salerno Afghanistan until the end of the year. I would like to thank all the Vets who came before me, you are the reason I am a veteran of the US ARMY and not some other name. For that I tip my hat to you. I understand today we are getting a warmer welcome home. But there still are people protesting the war at fallen hero's funerals. So THANK YOU! Catch a fish for us who cannot. SGTREDNECK over and out..

9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I would like to thank all the veterans of the Armed forces past and present, for their service to our country and its citizens, if not for your sacrifices we would not have the freedoms we have today, thank you!

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    USMC 64-68. Ist Marine Div. Ist Engineers.

11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    1988-2008, Airborne, Ranger, Jumpmaster, Pathfinder, Sniper, Drill Sergeant, Inspector General, Recon, Rappel Master, Fast Rope Master, and other things that dont sound as cool.. :smile2:

12. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the post.
    USMC 1963-1967. Viet Nam 65-66. DaNang and Marble Mountin. Crew chief Huey gunships VMO-2
    A special thanks to those who didn't come back and their families. If I have only done one thing right in my life it was to teach my children and grandchildren the price that has been paid for their freedom, and a love for this country.
    Thanks again to all who remember.
    Jim

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was treated like dirt when I got home in 1971. I became ashamed to let people know I served. I couldn't get a job because we were so looked down on. I was treated really bad by the VA doctors. It was a night mare. Today's veterans may not believe it but I'm sure there are many guys my age here on this board who know. Any way I am at last no longer angry about it and am happy to see folks treat our veterans good when they come home.

Thanks to all who serve now and have in the past.

Danny

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Guess I should throw in my last tour of duty... 1SG, HHB, 5th Div Arty, Ft Polk, LA. In 1968, when I returned from Nam, I had a woman at the Seattle-Tacoma airport who spit in my face and called me foul names. Then I went to Altus AFB in Altus, Oklahoma and had another woman spit in my face. They did this while I was wearing my uniform... I wish the same women would try it now. Things would be different.

15. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    We need to teach our children what being free is and the cost of such freedom so no vet has to ever go thru what our last two brothers did when they served our country.