Veterans Day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by chambers bd, Nov 7, 2007.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,
    I wanted to say to all our veterans THANK YOU.
    I grew up in a time when the armed forces were having a hard time, serving your country say's more about yourself than you could ever say about yourself.

So on this Veterans day please take a minute and think of all those who are still on patrol and will forever be young. Perhaps you got to grow older because of what someone did for you.
    The fact we have Veterans means our country is doing well. Our greatest asset is all of our service people whom serve. It is not for the money, and the seperation from families can be a heart breaker.

God Bless America

God Bless America's Veterans

2. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the reminder Brian!

My father, who is 83 yrs of age now, served in the Pacific during WWII. Many times, when I was a very young child, everyone in the whole house was awakened from his loud vocalizations in his sleep...."you slant eyed devils!......you yellow SOB's!....etc., etc., etc. The man suffered from some sort of post traumatic condition from the war, yet has never stepped foot in a V.A. hospital. He's basically deaf in one ear from an artillery blast. To this day he has shared very little of what he went through, but the little he has shared with me has painted vividly in my my mind the chaos of the combat he experienced.

Yea, thanks for reminding me. I take him a 6-pack of his favorite beer every Veteran's Day.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    except for my upcoming childrens birthdays, its the only holliday weekend that i truly celebrate. no offense to Jesus, i love him too. but, i have a collosal amoutn of respect and admiration for the veterans of this counrty young and old... especially the Marines. but, i have total respect for all who served.

Thank Yall.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I always celebrate this weekend every year . Vetrans Day and USMC birthday. Also don't for get those serving now. They are vets just like the rest of us. Every one have a good weekend! Goin deer huntin.

5. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    Yes, we keep the day on reserve around here and spend it at our local VFW, having lunch and buying eachother drinks until my wife drags me out by the ears!:smile2: This is a great post and a great reminder to everyone that there are people who have served in the past and are currently serving this great country.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes i will be celebrating both this weekend. i am still serving and i am a Veteran of 2 wars. OIF and OEF. kind of weird.

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    like that beer commercial says: today we salute you, oh defender of the country, and promoter of alcohalic hollidays"

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I'll be on the back deck of our Pirate's club float the "Amelia's Revenge" firing a pistol or rifle in the Veteran's Day parade. Then off to the VFW/American Legion get together to BS and pop a few brews. Take a minute to say welcome home to a Vet, and thank'em....
    (2 tour Viet Nam vet--24 years US Air Force Retired)

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i work @ a dealership in san antonio & we are having a supper for all veterans of all wars free of charge just to say thank u!! oh yeah there was a guy who left his willys jeep in the showroom completely restored to better than new condition very cool. he said he drove one like it & wanted to have one fixed up!!

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If you have a Golden Coral near you, you can get a free dinner from them on Monday.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    My dad's dad was at Iwo Jima (in the Army)...as a Marine, this holds a lot of signifigance for me! My mom's dad was in Korea and is the man i try every day to be like.
    I also have several uncles that served in the Navy and Air Force (Im the first Jarhead in the family). I salute our nations veterans!

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    THANKS TO YOU ALL THE GOOD OLE USA IS FREE AND ITS NOT FREE!

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
  14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Thanks for all the thanks!!!!!!Same to all you veterans.Veterans will be the first to tell you that we didnt do anything special,just answered the call when it came.To those that didn't,or dodged the draft,fled to Canada etc,you will always have to face that inside yourself,but you should be especially profound in your thanks on Veterans Day to those that guaranteed your freedom to make that choice.I pray that the Good Lord watch over all the SQUIDS,JARHEADS,DOGGIES,ZOOMIES and COASTIES.I am not hypocrite enough to believe that a wise and just God would take sides,but I suspect He does have a warm spot in his heart for those that give themselves so their brothers can be free.